Making a movie with U3 engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making a movie with U3 engine

I have an idea to make a movie with help of 3d-editors, but my pc will render it... Ehmm... Maybe year or longer So I have an idea to insert 3d-content to Unreal Editor and make a machinima(am I right?)
    so i have some questions
    what pc i need to work with UE3?
    What... Just give me link to RTFM
    movie will be about one story which had happened in the Zone - ye - about Stalker - but not in Chernobyl zone - i'd like to show original zone from brothers' Strugackie's books.
    Ps - sorry for my english...

Originally posted by Azazeo View Post
    I have an idea to make a movie with help of 3d-editors, but my pc will render it... Ehmm... Maybe year or longer So I have an idea to insert 3d-content to Unreal Editor and make a machinima(am I right?)
    so i have some questions
    what pc i need to work with UE3?
    What... Just give me link to RTFM
    movie will be about one story which had happened in the Zone - ye - about Stalker - but not in Chernobyl zone - i'd like to show original zone from brothers' Strugackie's books.
    Ps - sorry for my english...
    I love the idea of a movie in UE3, maybe because I have the same one. ;D
    I'm currently modeling characters for a 2 min short for my major in 2 years from now. (I love perfection so I started early) I thought I'd make everything in maya, but If I can figure everything out I'm gonna make it in the editor. (Maybe first I'm gonna make a couple of maps so I can get the hang for it, than import a character and animation. tests, tests, tests, tutorials form other users, tests, tests, tests...

what would be your workflow, by the way?

Anyways, if you have the money, personally I'd get a quadcore chip, an nvidia geforce 8800 gts, 4Gb ram. But this is only my opinion.

Comment

I have no my own pc, so every saturday I use my father's pc and create content with Blender. I'm gonna to buy a laptop at Christmas, and then I'll start to work harder. No I think about scenario and some other stuff. Now i'd like to know - does Unreal 3 Editor have fully functionall 3d modelling tool, like Maya (maybe it was in Unreal Editor 2004?)

Comment

Nope, you need to use an external 3d program in order to create your own custom content. For static meshes it needs to export them as .ase for stuff that moves, it has to be exported as something else in order to move around the level.

Comment

I reccomend not buying a laptop, only if you completely need it for the mobility. get a PC instead, because Laptops are hard to upgrade.

Comment

Agreed. Desktop offers so much more in the terms of upgradability and power.

Comment

Sure, I know that desktop better, but I have no possibilities to use it until summer. Ok, I had found system requirements and hope to find something cheaper 1000$...
              Lets back to topic - does Unreal Engine has limitation of number of poligons and texture res?

Comment

Working...
              X