[WIP] DM-Plunge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Ah dang... please don't use the Plunge name. It confused me into thinking it was a DM-Plunge remake.

PS
    If there is anyone out there thinking of redoing an old map... please do DM-Plunge... I thought it was a blast!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by woooo View Post
    oh thought it was a remake of the ut2k plunge, looks good though.
    I figured there might be another map with the same name, but I'm not familiar with it. This is really more of a placeholder until I think of something better.

And yeah, that high angle is blurry because I have a PostProcess volume around with level with depth of field enabled, but I haven't spent much time tweaking the properties on it. I'll adjust it until the effect is minimal, and the same goes for the HDR bloom. Less is more where this stuff is concerned, and I still have plenty of adjustments to make.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks good! The first screenshot does feel a bit too blurry though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    oh thought it was a remake of the ut2k plunge, looks good though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    awe, that is so amazing. Nice work. Can't wait to try the beta.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice stuff man! Can't wait to see the beta map.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic [WIP] DM-Plunge

[WIP] DM-Plunge

I did a couple of maps for UT2004 (see the link in my sig) but it's been a long time since I last worked in UED. I'm having a blast with UT3 and its editor, and it's all coming back to me now.

I wanted to create an indoor DM level with an open feel, not limited by rooms and corridors. I'm also fond of lift-jumping and lots of Z-axis movement, so this giant freight elevator shaft concept came to me naturally enough. The lift-jumping allows for numerous ways to bounce from one stationary platform to the next, and if you're especially good at it, you can snag a redeemer hidden high up on one of the shaft walls. If you're not so good, you'll get a good look at the floor a few hundred feet below.

There's still a lot to be done here, but I think it's in a decent enough state to show it off and see if there's any interest in this sort of map. I know most folks play Warfare or CTF (I think my next map might be of the Warfare variety) but I'm a die-hard deathmatch fan.

If you have any suggestions or ideas, feel free to let me know. I reserve the right to ignore any that I don't like, and steal any that I do.

Additional screenshots here, here, and here.

Working...
X