[Request] Better minimap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Request] Better minimap

Pretty much a mutator that in gamemodes where you have the minimap on screen, it'll show all your teams and or vehicles they are in (in real time) and known enemies (ones bots or you have spotted for a few seconds).

Hello Mr.UglyPants,

generally it is good that only in Vehicle-Capture The Flag and Warefare is a minimap. I suggest a compass for better team coodination.

Comment

Yeah, but it'd be nice if that minimap would show all your teammates and ememies (if they've been spotted). It would really help for online VCTF (just to pull off flag captures better).

Comment

Hello Mr.UglyPants,

yes I agree absolutely. The warefare mod brings a lots more tactical gametype in the game, a really great mode, so a minimap should have this feature, at least after spotting the enemy, if EPIC have problems with that, think about it.

Comment

Imo, its part of UT having less personal info on teams. It forces you to communicate on teamspeak more. I think they added a very limited minimap on WAR and vCTF to give a little help, but not too much. Ofcourse you can ask yourself where are the limits on minimap information and when is it too little. I like it how it is now, allthough I don't think you should be able to see the enemy orb in Warfare when one of your teammates saw it. It's a bit overpowered if you're holding a node healing it with an orb already.

Comment

Hello Taboen,

I agree for the other gametypes. A minimap in Deathmatch or Capture The Flag will destroy this gametype, but for the more tactical gametype like Warefare and Vehicle Capture The Flag it really usefull.

Comment

Good idea. Its strange to me that you can see friendly vehicles on big map and cannot on minimap.

Comment

I'd also like to see a minimap similar to BF2 for the vehicle maps.

Comment

Working...
                X