2k4 Scorpion Weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2k4 Scorpion Weapon

I dunno about you guys, but I prefer the old plasma-rope weapon on the scorpion compared to these bombs. They're effective enough, yeah, but in 2K4, the Scorpion was the perfect counter for an enemy Manta.
    So, could someone re-introduce the old style Scorpion weapon? Same vehicle style and all, just the old gun.
    As a mutator, obviously XP

Yeah I liked the original better. It was difficult to use but I don't like the new spamballs the scorp fires now. Of course I don't think most people would agree with me. The scorpion wasn't the most popular vehicle due to its weapon.

Comment

You can tell the weapon was a last minute choice just because the turret looks like it is suppose to fire the plasma rope while it does not. This creates a strange and very unrealistic firing of the weapon.

I would like to see either the plasma rope back or they fix the turret. But most of all I would like the e brake back than anything else.

Comment

Yeah, a 1 foot diameter ball looks odd coming out of a 2 inch diameter barrel.

Comment

While the "spamballs" are easier to get a feel for I rather prefer the 2k4 rope better as well. Getting some poor ******* wrapped up and diced by that thing was one of my favorite and most satisfying memories of the scorpion. I would love to have a mod that would allow a toggle for the weapon in game to give the scorpion an alt fire like many of the other vehicles. Having 3 different choices (blades, ball, rope) would be a cool feature I think.

~FalseEmperor aka False

Comment

Agreed. I also preferred the Scorpion's plasma rope in 2k4 - it just felt much more efficient at taking out vehicles if you ask me. The switchblades folding out from under the front bumper and the new boosters make an awesome leg-shredding combo, though, so they can stay.

Comment

maybe some kind of 8-way Rocket launcher on scorpion with small anti-infantry rockets can be good

Comment

Or a Stinger minigun..

Or any weapon on top..

Comment

UT2k4's scorpioin weapon was unique and awesome. I don't know why they changed it for UT3.

Comment

Working...
                  X