X vs All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X vs All

I was wonder if anyone is up to making a mutator. This mutator would be for Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, VCTF and Warefar. Really any team based gametype.

The mutator will make it so when you choose the number of bots to be playing against say you and 11 bots you can balance the numbers any way you want. So you could do say 1 vs 11 or 2 vs 10.

If that cannot be done then I would like to see a 1 vs all so you can be a 1 man team to try and win.

Now that you mention it... the single player campaign has this (the opposing teams has 6 players, while your own team has 4 players).

+1 Good idea

Comment

I do not know why Epic has never made this part of the configuration of a match. They usually have balance teams but you could never balance them the way you want. It gives a much bigger challenge if you have say 4 vs 10 with Godlike bots in CTF. To bring it even further it would be great to adjust the skill of the teams so you could have the Skilled on your side and godlike on the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by iycgtptyarvg View Post
        Now that you mention it... the single player campaign has this (the opposing teams has 6 players, while your own team has 4 players).

+1 Good idea
        Lets do some math:

Opposing team: 6

Your team: 4 - 3 stupid bots...what are we left with?

6 v 1

Comment

If they would just allow us to configure bot teams like we could in the previous games, you wouldn't need a mutator or gametype at all. I used to play matches like that all the time, you could just imbalance the roster to your heart's content.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSteels_Fury View Post
            Lets do some math:

Opposing team: 6

Your team: 4 - 3 stupid bots...what are we left with?

6 v 1
            TDM
            Your bots do a reasonable job.

(v)CTF
            They're pretty useless. They can only defend. All I ever hear is 'I've got the flag!'... and 3 seconds later the announcer... 'Red dropped the flag'... 'Blue flag returned'

WAR
            It's almost impossible to break the deadlock because you have to do everything yourself. I normally defend the enemy's prime node by holding the orb. Unfortunately, my bots can't/won't go to the enemy's core to shoot it! It's really infuriating.
            After a couple of minutes I invariably make a run for it to the enemy's core. But, alas, mostly the prime node will be destroyed before I manage to reach the enemy's core.

So, you either have to set the bot level quite low and single handedly play Rambo against unsatisfyingly dumb bots
            Or, you set the bot level somewhat higher, and always have deadlocks and overtime

Comment

?? You playing on novice or something?

Its recommended to play at least with adept mode or higher, I think the bots do a dam fine job on torlan, the practically did everything them selves whilst i was messing around with the vehicles lol.

TDM dunno aint played it yet

VCTF...again there not useless, their bloody good at flanking on adept mode for me...dunno if its due to the fact im using 1.01 Beta patch or what.

Comment

@†TYRANICK†™

The problem is that they don't play strategically. When you increase the difficulty, they become better at killing and are more aggressive. Unfortunately, they're not smart about node choice, orb control and prioritizing.

Currently, it's almost impossible to quickly assign 2 bots to protect the prime node, while sending 2 other bots to the enemy core.
                It would be useful if they would leave the stupid orb (i.e., don't run all the way back to base to get the orb).

Maybe I'm wrong, but I haven't found a way to get the information on where each bot is. In previous UT games you could see where they were, and could assign them somewhere.
                Also, I don't know how to see the orders they are following. In previous UT games you could see what they were doing (e.g., free roaming / defending / ...)

If you can explain it, please do. Because I'm clearly clueless.

Comment

Working...
                X