[Request] Shield Gun UT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Request] Shield Gun UT3

I am unsure if It has been suggested, posted about before, I have not seen, but in case not -

I miss the shield gun, a mod would be quite nice. My idea for a simple UT3 ShieldGun:

Impact Hammer Mesh, Green

Primary fire can pretty much stay the same.

Secondary Fire: A shield like the laviaton turret shield, tinted green if possible,
    and red+blue for team games.

That would OWN.

This could also be made into a mutator that replaces the Impact hammer.

Can anyone do this?

Added concept art, not good concept art but its concept art.

Comment

That would be sweety!
      I can get WHY THE HELL ut3 was sooooo dumbed down for freakin noobs online nowadays...even the shield they have removed! bah!!

Comment

Elitists might hate on it like the doublejump mut, but I think it'd be a neat addition. At some point it'd be nice to have a custom mesh. The pistons don't really lend themselves to energy output that well without some head scratching.

But now that the impact hammer is in again, would it not be economical to redo the primary? Perhaps a small weapon like the link. Or maybe it can drop portable shields, but only one at a time and no using the secondary afterwards, something?

Comment

Why in gods name would you want the shield gun back? it farked the gameplay in UT2k4 (made it super easy to defend oneself).

Whatever, just keep it off the servers and i won't say another word.

Comment

On second thought if it just uses the impact hammer model then you'll be able to keep the file size down a great deal and convince more admins to use it on their servers!

Comment

Originally posted by Caravaggio View Post
              On second thought if it just uses the impact hammer model then you'll be able to keep the file size down a great deal and convince more admins to use it on their servers!
              Exactly! Ugly, I would fully intend to use it on servers. There should even be ways of converting the old shield gun to UT3 but it would not be as cool, or use the old mesh with the new shield. I just wanna know if anyone can code this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghiacciolo=ITA= View Post
                That would be sweety!
                I can get WHY THE HELL ut3 was sooooo dumbed down for freakin noobs online nowadays...even the shield they have removed! bah!!
                ROFL! using the shield gun WAS made for noobs smart one

Comment

That would be sweety!
                  I remember when 2k3/4 came out. Everyone said 'Why the hell ut2k* has a shield gun, it dumbs down the gameplay for all the noobs'.

Inshort. Those 'noobs' you're talking about at the old school, and you're the noob.

Paradox? No, just truth, ya bleedin noob.

Comment

You can't use 'its for noobs' or anything to do with skill as an argument in GAMEPLAY. Things that add to the gameplay has nothing to do whether its for noobs or pro's. People who weren't used to the shieldgun said its for noobs. People who now have to get used to having no shieldgun use the same argument. Its both stupid. Just like with dodgejump.
                    At the time of the release of 2k3/2k4. When I came from playing hours and hours of UT99, I first had to get used to the new things of 2k4 aswell. Shieldgun, more movement, lg... I hated 2k4 lol. But luckily I got over that and examined the 2k4 gameplay as it really was and not as how I personally experienced it. You should try too. You'll find out that Epic has only been improving themselves gameplaywise, from UT99 basic to 2k4 complicated to UT3; a mix of two goods with new additions. It's great.

Comment

That would be sweety!

How ironic.

Comment

Ive just cracked on weapon making, I might give it a go soon when I get better .

Comment

good idea

I was hoping epic would include stock muts for everything that was being removed from the game so that ppl who wanted to play 2k3/4 style could do so with ease.

I like both games, I play ut3 everyday and its a great duel game. I must say however its getting really annoying not being able to avoid BS spam rox and the mini gun. Thats what the shield was for. Yes it made movement easier for "teh noobs" but come on! Spam sucks ***! F***ing ppl play like sprinklers!. Weeee I got rox weeeee. Like those retarded Boomers in GoW lol. BOOOOM!

Instagib w/o dodge jump is rather silly.

Muts needed:

1. Dodge Jump = Check
                          2. 2k3/4 style weapon switch/movement = ...
                          3. Lightning gun = ...
                          4. Shield gun = ...

It would be great to have 2k4 AND ut3 style servers on the net so ppl could choose what they want to play. Maybe even make a game type so all these things could be voted in at once?

ahh... pipe dreams...

Comment

Originally posted by ZenEye View Post
                            I was hoping epic would include stock muts for everything that was being removed from the game so that ppl who wanted to play 2k3/4 style could do so with ease.

I like both games, I play ut3 everyday and its a great duel game. I must say however its getting really annoying not being able to avoid BS spam rox and the mini gun. Thats what the shield was for. Yes it made movement easier for "teh noobs" but come on! Spam sucks ***! F***ing ppl play like sprinklers!. Weeee I got rox weeeee. Like those retarded Boomers in GoW lol. BOOOOM!

Instagib w/o dodge jump is rather silly.

Muts needed:

1. Dodge Jump = Check
                            2. 2k3/4 style weapon switch/movement = ...
                            3. Lightning gun = ...
                            4. Shield gun = ...

It would be great to have 2k4 AND ut3 style servers on the net so ppl could choose what they want to play. Maybe even make a game type so all these things could be voted in at once?

ahh... pipe dreams...
                            So I take it no one will develop any of these? I've seen some lighting gun wannabe that someone screwed up but yes it would be nice to see all of these. We call it 2k3/4 style when that was an upgrade from what UT brought us. Yet we got downgraded back to UT and few people were happy... The only people still playing UT3 online that is. I love the dodgejump mutator and what it gives back to the gameplay. It would be nice to see them bring back the shield gun and the LG though. Been missing them like crazy. Hammer sucks and so does the new sniper. Yet everyone thinks they've upgraded since there's new graphics and old gameplay. I miss getting new stuff in UT... Looks like Midway and Epic wants to take it away though and give us f'ing glitter.

Comment

would be cool but... theres something missing from it

Comment

Working...
                              X