Exporting UT2004 Map Geometry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exporting UT2004 Map Geometry?

Anyone been able to get the geometry from a UT2004 map imported into UT3 engine?

If so I'd love to have a solution to do this, so I can rebuild some of my favorites for use in UT3.

*edit* About to reinstall UT2004 with editor to search for a solution, would appreciate any assist - Trying to start conversion tonight!

I'd like to know as well, I tried for an hour or so and couldn't get it to work. Not that I have any editing skills whatsoever.

Comment

Bumpity bump bump

Comment

Look in the Import feature of UE3. File>Import.
        Now open up UE2, and export a map using the same format. Then import it into UE3.

This didn't work for me as UE3 kept crashing. But I think it is crashing due to all the UE2 actors and other stuff. I believe, if after you delete everything and all you have is land geometry, then maybe this might import into UE3.

Please let me know if it works. As I am itching to get Dria, and a few others back.

Comment

Another option would be to export the map to a object file; then load it into a 3D modelor such as: lightwave, 3Dsmax, or Blender; edit the object file and import it into ut3 as a static mesh.

Comment

Fud, that worked, and I now have Dria in 3DS.

Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by [GU]Elmur_fud View Post
              Another option would be to export the map to a object file; then load it into a 3D modelor such as: lightwave, 3Dsmax, or Blender; edit the object file and import it into ut3 as a static mesh.
              Thanks, that did it! ../rushes off to start mapping

Comment

yeah but it always triples the bsp wierdly so you got a bit of work on your hands to get things ready for UT3 ...still probably easier then recreating it from scratch.

Comment

Working...
                X