Ut3xmp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ut3xmp?

I would really like to see someone make a U2XMP gametype for UT3. U2XMP was a heck of a lot of fun and it never got the attention it deserved for various reasons. I would do it myself if I had any idea how .

I approve of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Shinzon View Post
      I approve of this post.
      me too! but I can't imagine seeing this happen.

Comment

I guess it doesn't need to be an exact replica or even called "XMP". It would be just as fun to have something real similar that was class based, maybe like a mutator or minor mod for TDM or Warfare or something. Like TF2 meets UT in a way.

Comment

Yes! I loved Unreal2:XMP!

Now, there was a UT2004:XMP unofficial mod, but it didn't really pick up as much.

Maybe try to improve on the gametype a little, keeping a lot of the ideas, but changing it up a bit, rather than just trying to remake everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Code6226 View Post
            Yes! I loved Unreal2:XMP!

Now, there was a UT2004:XMP unofficial mod, but it didn't really pick up as much.

Maybe try to improve on the gametype a little, keeping a lot of the ideas, but changing it up a bit, rather than just trying to remake everything.
            I agree, they tried to remake XMP for UT2004, but it was buggy at first and it was off just enough that most of the XMP community didn't embrace it. Changing it up a bit and making it new would help it catch on better I think.

Comment

I don't think a direct remake would be a good idea--it's too difficult for what it's worth to get it just right--can't beat the original

I'd suggest a mod that draws heavily on XMP concepts and gameplay (and even sounds perhaps)--artifacts, team energy pools, personal energy, sprint, deployables, energy sources, staggered deploy points, boosts (as opposed to double jump), hackable doors / elevators, resupplying, reviving, healing, repairing, player classes, vehicles...++. Just not promising to singlehandedly restore the glory of U2XMP in a perfectly faithful replica with next-gen graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Shinzon View Post
                I don't think a direct remake would be a good idea--it's too difficult for what it's worth to get it just right--can't beat the original

I'd suggest a mod that draws heavily on XMP concepts and gameplay (and even sounds perhaps)--artifacts, team energy pools, personal energy, sprint, deployables, energy sources, staggered deploy points, boosts (as opposed to double jump), hackable doors / elevators, resupplying, reviving, healing, repairing, player classes, vehicles...++. Just not promising to singlehandedly restore the glory of U2XMP in a perfectly faithful replica with next-gen graphics.
                I agree, now I just hope someone wants to take on the project.

Comment

A dude on BuF helped me get outside the box. A small mutator or 2 for VCTF to allow you to take the flag inside the vehicles and some power generators to capture and stuff and it would make VCTF more like XMP and more fun IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                  X