Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Descent-like Mod/Mutator Idea

(FIRST! )

I posted this idea on the UT3F boards (original post here) but we're currently overwhelmed with Project X so if anyone else wants to take it upon themselves to make this mod/mutator, or at least provide some feedback, that'd be pretty sweet.

Originally posted by UnrealTournament3Forum.com
    So I've got this mod idea that I think would totally kick ***. The best part is that it wouldn't take much code modification to get it to work.

For those of you who have played descent this should be simple enough to explain, I basically want a descent-style mutator. For those who don't know what descent is I'll try to explain in more detail. You would be suspended in a zero gravity environment, basically in a little space ship armed with weaponry. You could use thrusters to move in any direction. I think this would add a whole new level of intense-ness to fights. Not to mention there's this 3rd dimension that you have to get awesome in. Now, I see two extremes that this mod could be created to fit. It could either be a really simple mutator where the only real difference is that you float around instead of running. This would be cool on it's own, however, I think that whatever path we take to make the mutator we'll want to make new levels to take advantage of being able to float in 3 dimensions. The other extreme that I see would be creating an entirely new game out of it. We could create new 3D models for the characters to pilot, new weapons to fight with, new levels to play on, and even a campaign mode kind of like descent if we wanted to. Although, realistically I think it would be more fun to just stick to the arena aspect of the game.

Anyways, thoughts? Questions? Suggestions?
    And here's another note I added further down the post:

Originally posted by UnrealTournament3Forum.com
    It wouldn't be too bad but we'd just have to make it so pushing the 'forward' button accelerated you in whatever direction you're looking, even if you're looking up or down. And we'd also have to make it so you can look farther down than straight down, so you could essentially flip upside down. It still would be a relatively easy mod to make.

By the way, at the forum we decided it would be best to keep it fairly simple. We decided not to make a single player campaign (we'll leave that to the Descent guys) and to just make it a deathmatch with the normal UT weapons and characters. We'd still want to make maps so we can effectively use the 3rd dimension but that's probably the extent of the "modding".

Comment

lol i know you from the UT3F...ur one of the moderators right? with the dancin dude as ur avvy? lol meh is founding member already

Comment

Working...
      X