How to edit a published map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to edit a published map?

I came across a really cool map that has some issues. I would like to edit the map and correct these issues, but when I try to open the map up in the editor, it crashes. I've unpublished maps before, but I can't even get that far to open it. Is there any way to get this map to open in the editor? Unfortunately, I can't reach the original author.

Thanks,

What map is it?

Comment

vctf-nightclub-a1a. I want to change the vehicles around, remove the people.

Comment

Try loading the UPK before opening the map.

Comment

It's a converted map from the cache folder. I downloaded it from a clan site along time ago. I've searched for a full version, but no luck. It plays in instant action just fine.. but no way of editing it.

Comment

PM this guy: https://forums.epicgames.com/members/1344348-magicman2u
            I think he has an uncooked version. He made a custom version for Hedsteem.

Comment

Thank you, sir!

Comment

Duder face did you ever get the map you wanted?

Comment

No. He never responded. I just wanted to rearrange the tables in the center, take out the models and change the spawn points around so that they weren't all spawning from behind the bar.

Comment

the way i was doing it before was to resave it as a different name the open and edit it give it a try

Comment

Originally posted by moistmother View Post
                      No. He never responded. I just wanted to rearrange the tables in the center, take out the models and change the spawn points around so that they weren't all spawning from behind the bar.
                      I'll punch him in the neck next time I see him!

Comment

Sweet!!!!!!

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
                        I'll punch him in the neck next time I see him!

Comment

Working...
                        X