Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new to unreal tournament 3

Hello everyone

I'm new to unreal technology. I'm trying edit a map of Unreal tournament 3 and add some vehicles.
    I use unreal tournament 3 game version, use UT3.exe editor to edit a map WAR-Torlan.ut3 in CookedPC folder. Editor open the map normally. I add some vehicles follow this guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb6Vw9xswT8

But I can't save anything, the map always report errors and I open new map, do nothing and save, then editor says : "The requested operation cannot be performed on a cooked packed.
    Can someone have any editable map to edit ?
    Could some one help me ?

Thank you.

Cooked package can't be edit. You have to do that.
    In your case you will have to type :
    Code:
    obj savepackage file=filename package=WAR-Torlan

Comment

What does that command do ? It means saving the map as other file name after I edited it.

I created new map successful, but all vehicles which I added can't shoot.
      Do you know how to add armor for vehicles, cheat code or editor ways ?

Comment

After typing this command you can save the map in another place. The newly create map will be uncooked and you will be able to modify it. You shouldn't modify native map, but create an all new map.

What do you mean by
        add armor for vehicles, cheat code or editor ways ?

Comment

add armor for vehicles, cheat code or editor ways ?
          I created new map, added vehicles and choose command : Play from here. But all vehicles can't shoot, I want to ask you how to add amor(bullet) for vehicles to shoot ?

Comment

That's uncommon. But if you want to modifiy vehicles, you need to code.

Comment

I don't want to modify vehicle, I just want vehicle fire normal the same as verhicle shoot in WAR-Torlan.ut3

Comment

That doesn't make any sense to me. What are your intents?
                Each vehicle shoots the same way in every map. Vehicles aren't stored by map, they are stored as scripts inside the code.

Comment

If you did like in the tutorial video, vehicles should be playable like normal (fire and all). It work for me at last.
                  Save your level on the desktop (for exemple) and name it something like WAR-Torlan2.ut3 (original ).
                  Should work normally.

Comment

@ BomBerWill:
                    Take my advice from personal experience, when a new person comes looking for help don't type this and throw it at them:
                    ^^ 4 years ago the third person 1/4 people on this thread did the same thing to me and it opened a world of confusion.

* WAR-Torlan can be saved to another location & renamed. - it is not a package and does not require Decompiling.
                    ^^ i recommended you start by doing that before you add or remove things, like extra vehicle or unwanted kismet.
                    @ SCVN 80:
                    - RattleSN4K3
                    is right; that sounds uncommon, you have done something wrong.
                    ** E.G. - no gametype chosen in World properties [check this]
                    8 fix that issue before attempting to find a player pawn entering a vehicle & givearmour ints.
                    - upload the file, anyone can tell you the issue within 1 min then )

Comment

@TKBS
                      Never know we could do that too. True enough, I souldn't have throw my advise like that (wasn't the best one too). My LAN edit were done this ways and working great so.......
                      Anyways Thx for the advice.

@ SCVN 80
                      Hope I didn't confuse you to much and that you don't have problem anymore.
                      GoodLuck.

Comment

@BomBerWill : Thank you very much, you are very enthusiasm and you reply me very fast. Because I'm new to unreal so there are too much things I don't know. If I have more experience, it will be better.

Thank everyone for your helps.

Let me explain my problem.
                        1. I created new map follow this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb6Vw9xswT8
                        2. I place a player start
                        3. I add some vehicles
                        4. I add point light
                        5. I choose "Play from here"

But when I play from editor, I press left mouse, right mouse but I don't see any projectiles.
                        I attach the map

After all, thank everyone for your helps.

Comment

im not sure where to begin; but you have a very long way to go.
                          you have done something wrong.
                          ** E.G. - no gametype chosen in World properties [check this]
                          - im really busy atm, but you do need to watch a few videos and just have fun with the editor because you need to know the core basics first.
                          - What buttons do what etc..
                          - check out the people who release maps on this website; check their signatures because most people show links to useful tutorials.

- here's a map with notes:
                          http://www.gamefront.com/files/24193...hicle_Test.rar
                          GameFront > TKBS
                          ^^ sad to see only 1 of my files left
                          - happy to see at least 1 file alive after 4 years lol

Comment

@scvn80:
                            UT3 uses a mechansim to choose the correct game type for each map by looking at the map's prefix. If you're going to create maps for a specific game type, I recommend to save the map with the correct prefix.

Gametype Prefix
                            Deathmatch DM-
                            Capture the flag CTF-
                            Vehicle Capture the flag VCTF-
                            Warfare WAR-
                            Duel, Team Deathmatch and Betrayal are using the same maps as Deathmatch.
                            Greed uses the maps from Capture the Flag and Vehicle Capture the flag.

Comment

Thank you very much. I will try it.

Comment

Working...
                              X