Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BSP Brush Add - Material does not apply to builder brush (invisible BSP Brush)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSP Brush Add - Material does not apply to builder brush (invisible BSP Brush)

I'm not sure if anyone out there has ever figured out how this happened, and how to solve it without uninstalling and reinstalling UT3, but here goes:

I was in the middle of creating a custom BSP material, and in the process of laying this out on the floor brush. I went to click on the material with the textures that I have added, and then I went and added the brush, using the material that I have selected, no can do, still invisible. Clicked on Build All, again, nothing went solid in the viewport, clicked Refresh, nothing. I'm wondering if there was something I must have deleted by accident before that caused this.

I clicked on MAT_QU_Floors_BSP_Ogre_Tile_Floor, made the builder brush 1024x1024x16, then attempted a Brush Add, and it didn't go solid. Wonder what might have happened, and I did select the builder brush to make sure it would actively do so. This never really happened before, I did this a lot, and it always worked.

Does this happen with any other material? (select your brush and add default material another way to test.) Are you hiding bsp? (Press 'Q' key or select default show flags.)

Comment

Did you create an additive or subtractive level? Could be you're adding BSP in a subtractive level which won't show up if there is no subtracted space in which you can add it. On the other hand, it's also possible that your level type was not specified yet and that is why nothing shows up.

When you launch the editor and want to create a new map, you have to specify the type first, go to New and then select Additive or Subtractive (whatever you prefer).
      Additive means that you already have subtracted space everywhere, there is no mass, it is empty so to say, so all you have to do is add brushes from which you can subtract.
      Subtractive is rather suited for pure interior works without a view to the outside, as you have to subtract space in which you can later also add further brushes since everything in the map is filled with a mass.

Comment

Working...
      X