Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Every time I close my map it asks to save a stock package no matter what.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every time I close my map it asks to save a stock package no matter what.

I have this issue, maybe a non-issue.
    Every time I close a specific map the editor asks if I want to save UN_Rock.. Even if I do not change anything in the map the editor always thinks UN_Rock has changed with this map.
    What could be going on here? Right now it's just an annoyance but I fear when I cook the map there might be problems.
    I thought possibly a Material Instance in that package was getting changed in Kismet but I deleted everything from kismet as a troubleshooting measure and the problem still persists.

Here's the fix;

1. Remove Un_Rock from your UT3 installation directory to a temporary location
    2. Open your map in the editor it will purge everything related to UN_Rock
    3. Save your map
    4. Close the editor
    5. Restore UN_Rock to its original location

Should be resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post
      Here's the fix;

1. Remove Un_Rock from your UT3 installation directory to a temporary location
      2. Open your map in the editor it will purge everything related to UN_Rock
      3. Save your map
      4. Close the editor
      5. Restore UN_Rock to its original location

Should be resolved.
      Hmm that does help troubleshoot. It does fix the problem at the expense of most of the map disappearing or going checkerboard.

Next I am going to go through "In Use Only" and delete blocks of stuff to narrow it down. Thanks for the help.

Comment

The purge is drastic but sometimes that's what it takes if something is corrupted with in the map and that's what you have from what you've explained, the package is not the problem. Make sure you don't have a UN_Rock in your unpublished directory, furthermore its most likely a material and has nothing to do with meshes.

The textures should be easy to correct, make quick simply special custom texture(s) for each variation of textures that are utilizing that package, keep a log of whats what so that it makes sense to you and apply them temporarily so you can and re-apply the appropriate Un_Rock surfaces after the purge. That should take care of that end.

To replace the meshing you could select all UN_Rock mesh (or all mesh for that matter) and copy from a former saved version of the map (from prior to the purge) close that map and open your purged/corrected map and paste them back in see if that does the trick. I've mirrored 5K+ assets with copy and paste on a CTF map so I know this is possible. Any way good luck.

Comment

The problem was a Material Instance of UN_Rock_SM_Cliffs01_Master_02. When I had enabled "BlendUsingNormal "static switch parameter value" it caused the issue.
          Not sure why, but I can deal with that. I'm glad it wasn't something really bad deep in there somewhere.

[EDIT] I take that back, the issue was not that texture, it is with a Speedtree that had that MI set for it's branches. I think I will not use MI's on SpeedTrees any more.

Comment

Good job! - glad you got it straightened out.

Comment

Edited my post, I found the real culprit.

Comment

Working...
              X