UT3 Bots and Doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Bots and Doors

This is primarily a UT3 question and not necessarily for UDK... (I was told to move this post to here)

For a map I'm doing in Unreal I want to have doors that operate with the "use" function by pressing the "E" key. That works just fine.

My question is, can I get a bot to do this? At present, there doesn't appear to be a "use" function option in the door marker properties. I see only "touch" and "shoot"

Any ideas?

put another trigger that opens door and can be activated only by bots

Comment

I tried that but it seems that the player still trips it anyway. Is there a "bot" variable that I am missing?

Comment

Unshame is correct-
        * making a new trigger for bots is the easiest way.

- The trigger should be activated by the "AI_Controller"
        - Unless you have made your own game code/ then correctly change this to your game code ai controller

- You can also use Kismet to Create a Bool situation.

- trigger > touched > check bool > is the bool true ? > if yes > activate the door.

- The bool should be - your AI_Cotroller ;
        - so if a player touches the trigger- set bool to false- continue to next sequence do not play animation on door.

- if a BOT/ AI controller touches the trigger - set bool to true- and open the door.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. It got me thinking but ultimately I found this to be simpler.

[touch trigger] -> [object comparison] -> [open var / player] -> [play animation]

It's basically just two nodes and I set an open variable as the target of the trigger and linked it to slot A of the object comparison node, then plugged a player variable into slot B. Used the option [A!=B] and plugged that into the play animation. It seems to work just fine.

Comment

Working...
          X