Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLEASE HELP!!! Attaching Interpactor to Players weapon socket

Hi there,

I am creating a level for a university brief and I've hit a problem and can't figure out how to sort it out.

I basically have a burning torch in my level which I want my player to hold throughout it. I have got the torch to attach to the player but it won't follow the player view along the Z axis. Is there a way to attach an Interpactor to a Player Socket instead of having the standard link gun and have it move up/down/side to side in the same way as a generic weapon would?

If someone could help that would be ultra fantastic!!!

You can attach interpactors via the 'attach to actor' function (under the actors class) within kismet, however the attachment is by bones rather than sockets.
    Ya biggest issue is how to get rid of the weapon model. I'm thinking that you might have to create the torch as a weapon replacement mutator. Doing this would allow you have it correctly held in the players hand and look better than attaching it as an interpactor.
    Hopefully someone with more skills will respond for ya!
    I highly recommend posting your question in the UDK section of these forums as more folk will see it there!
    Good luck!

Comment

okay thanks

Comment

I know this is kind of WAY late, but you could always give the player a physics gun, which would let them pick up the static mesh and drop it whenever they like. You should be able to do so in Kismet, by having a Player Spawned go to a Console Command action, and the command would be "physicsgun". Be warned though, the physics gun can change range, and you don't want your player being able to levitate the torch from 100 feet away. You can go into the coding to change this, but I don't know how...

Comment

Working...
        X