Speeding up static mesh importing into Unreal Tournament 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speeding up static mesh importing into Unreal Tournament 3

Is it possible to speed up when you try to import static meshes into Unreal Tournament 3? What is the maximum number of faces allowed? It always goes on the verge of "Not Responding" when I try to make it import a large model file.

the most i have ever gotten is 15000 triangles/3000kb for a mesh. Higher than that and it gets corrupted in-game for me.

Off hand does anyone know how to rotate a mesh without kismet? In the skelmesh viewer in the editor there is a "apply rotation" selection. But it crashes the editor each time i try to use.

Comment

Originally posted by euchreplayer23 View Post
      the most i have ever gotten is 15000 triangles/3000kb for a mesh. Higher than that and it gets corrupted in-game for me.

Off hand does anyone know how to rotate a mesh without kismet? In the skelmesh viewer in the editor there is a "apply rotation" selection. But it crashes the editor each time i try to use.
      I googled for a bit and couldn't find anything besides the kismet and the "Apply rotation" method.
      Why wont you wanna use the Kismet method? When you have it set up you can easily connect other static meshes to the same sequence.

Comment

Working...
      X