No skyboxes in UT3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No skyboxes in UT3?

I'm using Spacescape to create a space skybox for my level, but i can't find information on how to create a Skybox in UT3. Can anyone help?

I think there was a post on possibly creating one in UT 3, you would have to search the forums though.

Sky domes are now used though, so you could try creating a texture that would fit onto an existing skydome mesh?

There are also many community created skydome textures as well.

Comment

As Odedge hinted at, create your required textures and convert them to tga format.
      Next import them into your map package and build a material with them.
      After that apply your material to a sky dome or star sphere(in the UN_Sky package).

A big thanx for mentioning Spacescape. I hadn't seen it before and after looking at it, it looks like a very handy program!

Comment

Spacescape will export a Skybox, not a panoramic material like the one that the Sky Dome requires.

Comment

Shame that!
          It's possible to get a skydome out of it but you have to export as jpg's then use something like Photoshops photomerge function and do manual manipulation of the 6 jpegs that it creates.
          I had a quik play and used 4 out of the 6 to create a useable image for UT3.

Maybe you can shoot a request to the author to create another export function that is UT3 /UDK compatible.

Comment

Here is the UT3 fake skybox method:
            http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Building_A_SkyBox
            This can really give your map a performance hit. In most cases one can simply skip all this and just scale up the box and spacing/size of any of the actors in it. Hint: you can scale a mesh beyond the size of pre-existing cube mesh which is made when you start a map.

Comment

Thanx for the link M8!
              Muchly appreciated! [insert beer here]

Comment

Working...
              X