Just WTF - Player sliding after stopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just WTF - Player sliding after stopping

This one has me royally, fully, 100%, completely confused.

I have NO IDEA as to what the hell is going on.

My latest WIP map. If you run around and then stop (aka not pressing any keys) the player model seems to slide in the direction they were moving. This doesn't happen 100% of the time however. And sometimes its really small movement. But it is there and it doesn't affect me in any other maps custom/stock I have tested.

The map is using a few custom textures/materials so far but this doesn't seem to be the issue, as changing materials to default the affect still happens. Even copying the BSP into a new map is giving me the same bloody result.

+The material seems doesn't change it
    +Physical materials seem to have no change
    +Adding new BSP has the same problem
    +Adding BSP to a NEW map file doesn't have the problem
    +BUT Copying this BSP into a NEW map file (default texturing everything first) DOES still have the player sliding

The map can be found here It might not even affect people.

Im unsure it has been pointed out to me by one other person and now it's bugging me endlessly.

If I have to I could re-create the BSP in a new file and (touch wood) avoid the problem. As honestly there seems to be nothing that should cause such a bizarre problem.

You sir are crazy and I am not talking about your name.

I ran around it for a few minutes, trying out the different areas/materials, and it all seemed fine to me.

Nice looking jump pads though!

Comment

wtf indeed. plays fine for me.

Comment

It can't be fine.

But if it is that means it's even more wtf

Comment

It's NOT fine.

I tried to fraps it, and thus limiting my fps to 120. This made the problem "disappear". When playing at 350fps the problem is obvious. This makes it even more weird...

It's as if there is a physics volume reducing friction by a small amount.

Comment

Was talking to Sjosz about it, he had the same or a very similar issue only way was to start a new map. Looks like it's my only fix.

Tried it online today problem didn't go away.

Comment

I'll run the map to see if I can help you out.

Meanwhile,

It can be caused by a physic volume or a gravity setting in your worldinfo.

A funny thing I have in mind is that one of my friend had a similar issue only when he load UT3, he didn't had any issue with other games & then he just realize is joystick fall under is desk & the stick was a bit bend in one direction lol The joystick wasn't activated in other games so he couldn't see that issue. Sometime, it's just stupid things like that!

Comment

It's happening to atleast 3 people. Enough to be an issue that needs fixing.

The map is alpha it's not even fully trimmed, there are no physic volumes, just bsp, meshes and blockings.

And world properties aren't affecting it as for some odd reason even porting the BSP into another map has the same problem.

Comment

Well, it's very odd indeed ?

I fool around alone ingame, no issues.

I add 10 adept bots, again, no issues.

I try to play withing the editor but the editor crashed so I couldn't.

When you duplicate the map in a new file, did you also select all AI (playerstart, pathnodes, lift actors, etc) ?

I don't see nothing wrong in my case ?

You have a very nice layout in this release BTW, very nice jumpad. In fact it's the kind of emitter I had in mind for my Amyrade map

Comment

really weird, i don´t have any problem :l

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                      Well, it's very odd indeed ?

I fool around alone ingame, no issues.

I add 10 adept bots, again, no issues.

I try to play withing the editor but the editor crashed so I couldn't.

When you duplicate the map in a new file, did you also select all AI (playerstart, pathnodes, lift actors, etc) ?

I don't see nothing wrong in my case ?

You have a very nice layout in this release BTW, very nice jumpad. In fact it's the kind of emitter I had in mind for my Amyrade map
                      I just copied the BSP no paths, volumes or anything, and it was all on default materials.
                      As for my jumppad emitter, that was just a temp. Most likley going to end up remaking it to something a bit more awesome.

Originally posted by NØØb_Zaibot View Post
                      really weird, i don´t have any problem :l
                      It seems to be FPS dependant <200FPS and it appears people dont have the problem. But those that do have over 200 FPS.

Ill fix it one way or another tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zy View Post
                        It seems to be FPS dependant <200FPS and it appears people dont have the problem. But those that do have over 200 FPS.
                        I have had issue with older games running at really high FPS, like there was some sort of lag going on in the mouse.

Comment

Certainly wasn't anything to do with the mouse. It seems to be non-existent in the remake however. So it would seem the onyl way to fix it is by starting a new level completely. If I copy ANYTHING from the bugged one in, it breaks this file too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zy View Post
                            So it would seem the onyl way to fix it is by starting a new level completely. If I copy ANYTHING from the bugged one in, it breaks this file too.
                            Odd... I suspect Nargles!

Comment

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
                              Odd... I suspect Nargles!
                              I was told it's the Unreal Engine Goblin, actually.

Comment

Working...
                              X