No announcement yet.

Releasing a map, setting player number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One problem after the next! If I try to republish my map, the entire editor stops working.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57057925@N08/5449806218/

I tried creating a new room and could publish that map just fine...but If I try to republish DM-Obelisk it crashes.

Comment

It crashes before the map is published, that's a bit odd (my editor will "crash" when I close it, most of the time).

Did you try deleting the original published file? Normally, it will overwrite it.

Are you trying to publish the published version?

Comment

After it crashes, check your log file

X:\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Logs

Launch.log or Launch_2.log (it'll be the one updated last)

Usually info will sit near the end but so does a lot of useless info. If you can't understand or find anything, copy and paste the log into something like http://pastebin.com and I or maybe someone else will take a look and see if there is an obvious issue.

Comment

Originally posted by mudcrab View Post
          If I try to republish my map, the entire editor stops working.
          yeah, make sure you delete the old .ut3 and LOC_int.upk from the published folder first. also if you've changed anything in the map (like adding a screenshot) you'll need to rebuild all again before you cook it.

Comment

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
            It crashes before the map is published, that's a bit odd (my editor will "crash" when I close it, most of the time).

Did you try deleting the original published file? Normally, it will overwrite it.

Are you trying to publish the published version?
            Nah I removed everything and when I try to publish it in the custom maps it still closes. I'm going to try it on a different computer though. I think next time I'll going to leave my maps without the extra touches and use only a single publish... Thanks for the help guys, it really means a lot!

Comment

it may also help to give it different names, depending on what version it is... e.g. DM-Obelisk_AlphaX, BetaX, RCX, whatever. don't give it a proper final name until you know your map is totally complete. not only will this be less confusing for you and anyone who downloads the map, you may not run into as many problems.

Comment

Originally posted by [GOW] K1lla View Post
                it may also help to give it different names, depending on what version it is... e.g. DM-Obelisk_AlphaX, BetaX, RCX, whatever. don't give it a proper final name until you know your map is totally complete. not only will this be less confusing for you and anyone who downloads the map, you may not run into as many problems.
                Good advice. This is what I normally do anyways. Plus it gives you multiple copies of your map to "fall back on". Publishing your map more than once per file name shouldn't cause any issues though.

Comment

Working...
                X