• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudcrab View Post
    I'll try that.

Heres a photo of the error.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57057925@N08/5442992095/

I know I'll figure this out eventually...
    I think I might know what the problem is. See if the actual map file is located in a different folder than...

\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\CustomMaps

Comment

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
      I think I might know what the problem is. See if the actual map file is located in a different folder than...

\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\CustomMaps
      Yes it's not located there. Should I move it?

Comment

yes.

Originally posted by [GOW] K1lla View Post
        that might help..

Comment

Thanks again, I appreciate the help everyone! Should be published soon..

Comment

One last problem that I think I'll solve eventually.

After saving it into the custom maps folder I get this message:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57057925@N08/5446170168/

It can be played in UT3 but I can't open up it's LOD file because of this. Anyone know how to fix it?

Comment

if you have copies of the same file in different places (wrong folder) you'll get that message. you want to keep the original file in: My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\CustomMaps

delete the other file in the first directory shown in the screenshot

if you want to play it in game then cook the map or just copy it into: My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps

Comment

if you have copies of the same file in different places (wrong folder) you'll get that message. you want to keep the original file in: My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\CustomMaps

delete the other file in the first directory shown in the screenshot

if you want to play it in game then cook the map or just copy it into: My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps
                I moved the map over to the custom maps folder but even after doing a publish there's no ini file for my map. Only an LOC file. From what I read it should be located there but I don't see it.

Picture:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57057925@N08/5446868376/

Comment

the ini will be created when the game is loaded (or you can copy and edit an existing one)

Comment

I've played the map but there's still no ini file. The reason I need to find it is so I can do the final preparations for the map such as player limits.

Comment

I've played the map but there's still no ini file. The reason I need to find it is so I can do the final preparations for the map such as player limits.
                      thats odd are you sure it's not hiding somewhere?

Comment

the .ini file should be in your published maps folder when you go to my games> unreal tournament 3> utgame > published. I may be missing one level of hierarchy here.

Comment

Originally posted by xViperAKx View Post
                          the .ini file should be in your published maps folder when you go to my games> unreal tournament 3> utgame > published. I may be missing one level of hierarchy here.
                          it looks like there are only 2 files in the Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps folder:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57057925@N08/5446868376/

anyway... if you can't find it you can create your own using notepad. just save it as DM-Obelisk.ini

Comment

One last problem that I think I'll solve eventually.

After saving it into the custom maps folder I get this message:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57057925@N08/5446170168/

It can be played in UT3 but I can't open up it's LOD file because of this. Anyone know how to fix it?
                            It means you have 2 of the same file (that's published) in the Published folder?

The game ignores the unpublished version of your map. But this message will happen when you have more than 1 of the published map in your folders.

Comment

anyway... if you can't find it you can create your own using notepad. just save it as DM-Obelisk.ini
                              Does that work? It looks like I have no choice but to try that.

Comment

yes, it works.

http://www.fileinfo.com/extension/ini

Comment

Working...
                                X