Kismet, mapping help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kismet, mapping help

Hello, i am making and Assault map, but I have some problems that I would like to resolve.

1st Problem: (Solved, solution in the end)
    I had the player starts, and then when an objecyive is completed, i want to change the defense team player starts to the attack team, enable new defense team player starts and disable the attackers old ones. I wanted to make this in Kismet, I have a propertie in Kismet that checks if an objective has been completed, so i would set something like this: If the objective is completed(using the propertie), it would disable some player starts, change some to the oposite team and disable others. So what i need to fix this problem is know how I can disable, enable and change the team of the player starts in Kismet

2nd Problem: (Solved, solution in the end)
    In my map the attackers have to park the Goliath in a certain spot, but when they get to a curve that has another fastest path that is to small for vehicles, they try to drive the Goliath trough there or just can't make the curve :/ So is there any Vehicle Path Node? Because before I pathed that faster path, the bots would park the Goliath just fine :/

3rd Problem: (Solved, solution in the end)
    When an objective is completed, there is a light that turns on, and an Emitter that starts, this Emmitter and light, don't have a turn off in their Matinne, because I want them to stay turnd on for the rest of the round, until the new round begins, and when the new round begins, i want the Emmitter and the Light to turn off, but they stay turnd on for the rest off the match :/

4th Problem: (New)
    OK, new problem, I want the Goliath driver to be pushed to get out of the Goliath, destroy it(I think I can make this), and disable the Goliath factory(I may also be able to do this).

5th Problem: (New)
    The problem is that when the objective is completed nothing happens The turrets spawn actors and the Goliath spawn actors are with the option bDisable ticked, since I only want them to be enabled when the objective is completed. Any idea, on how I can fix this?

So for now these are my problems, if you can help me, please do it so

Solutions:

Problem 1:
    Place the Player Starts were they will spawn in the first round (Players Starts are UTTeamPlayerStart, red for attackers and Blue for Defendors).
    Place the Player Starts that will be enabled when an objective is completed. Open their properties, go to 'Player Start' and untick 'bEnabled'.
    Open Kismet.
    Select the objective that will enable the new Player Starts.
    In Kismet, right click and select: New Event Using 'objectivetype'_#>Fort Standard Completed.
    Select the player starts that will be enabled.
    Go to Kismet, right click and choose: New Object Var Using UTTeamPlayerStart_# (if you select more than one it will have '...' after the name of the first one).
    Do the same to the ones that will be disabled after an objective is completed.
    Right Click, and select: New Action>Toggle>Toggle.
    Connect the box of the Toggle that says "Target" to all of the Player Starts (old ones and new ones).
    Connect the box(box name is "On Completion") of the objective completion to the box called "Toggle" in the Toggle option.
    [if you made this right, it will work]

Problem 2:
    Delete Path nodes adn add as many as it needs so it doesn't hsa to many options.
    Enable the option Vehilce Usage>bBlockedForVehicles.

Problem 3:
    In Kismet instead of having a Matinne that would turn off the Emmiter and the light, I was just making it so it would reverse it, but this wouldn't work. So, I now have a matine that is activated when the objective is completed, that turns the emitter and the light On, and another matine that is activated when the round ends, that turns Of the light and the emmiter.

Please help here, the 3rd problem isn't fixed, the way I was thinking doesn't fixes it.

the 2nd problem may be fixed, I blocked some path nodes for vehicles, it may work.

1st problem not fixed at all :/

Comment

Number 3: You need to use the toggle action, you can toggle them on and off via that.

Number 2: I believe there is a volume which can prevent AI thinking they can drive through it. Not entirely certain on that one though.

Number 1: You need to make the game recognise that it is the end of a game. This would all be far simplier if you created a new game type with those conditions. Personally I have always wanted to create an assault map, but without the gametype it becomes very laborious and buggy. You can do it by toggle on and off player starts though, if you want to create another way around it.

Comment

Originally posted by Syphix View Post
        Number 3: You need to use the toggle action, you can toggle them on and off via that.

Number 2: I believe there is a volume which can prevent AI thinking they can drive through it. Not entirely certain on that one though.

Number 1: You need to make the game recognise that it is the end of a game. This would all be far simplier if you created a new game type with those conditions. Personally I have always wanted to create an assault map, but without the gametype it becomes very laborious and buggy. You can do it by toggle on and off player starts though, if you want to create another way around it.
        I don't think you understod the first problem, I just want the attackers to spawn were the defenders were sapwning, and stop spawning in the start of the map. Not making the attakers become defenders This one is solved, by just making attackers bases in the place I want them to spawn after they complet an objective, and disable them, then in Kismet, i use the toggle to switch the enable ones to disable and he disable ones to enable.

the second one, it may be the Goliath bloking volume, it may work

the 3rd one, they are turned on, ut I want them to turn off only in the end of the match, but I can make something that will disable them only in the end of the match, i made it to be disable after the last objective is completed, but them, if the attackers don't succed, it wil stay turned on :/

Also, I donwnloaded the assault mod, it still doesn't offers many things, but it works. Thought, the author never finished it, and I think he never will.

Comment

Can you not use the game ended event to turn off the lights as well as the objective completed event?

Comment

I did, it didn't worked o0 I will try it again

Comment

Ok, that is fixed, it was my mistake

Ok, now I have another problem, more a question than a problem
              would apreciat help

Comment

Ask away and maybe someone could answer.

Edit: If you mean problem 4 then yes you can do both of those; as shown in the picture:

Comment

ho, thanks, I forgot to write in my last post that the problem was in the first post xD

*by the way, I like you maps ^^*

Comment

Ok, I have this set up, for when the objective that should enable two turrets(for the defence team) and a Goliath(for the attackers):

The problem is that when the objective is completed nothing happens The turrets spawn actors and the Goliath spawn actors are with the option bDisable ticked, since I only want them to be enabled when the objective is completed. Any idea, on how I can fix this? (This is problem 5, it is in first post now).

thank you for your time

Comment

I think you will need to do the same thing as I showed you for the Goliath but toggle them off and destroy them straight after the level is loaded and visible. You can then turn them back on when you need to.

Edit: Ok correction. I tried this and it turns out you can't toggle it back on once turned off so disregard what I said. Instead you are going to need to manually insert the vehicle / turrets via kismet using an ActorFactory.

It lacks the fancy spawn sounds and emitters but it does the job. Using this method gives you more direct control, but means you have to enter everything manually like respawn time. It also make vehicle related events much harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Syphix View Post
                        Edit: Ok correction. I tried this and it turns out you can't toggle it back on once turned off so disregard what I said. Instead you are going to need to manually insert the vehicle / turrets via kismet using an ActorFactory.
                        If the gametype is warfare (I've not tried with other game types) then the vehicle factories can be toggled on and off (even though the bEnabled variable does NOT reflect this). Also, when using 'play from here' within the editor if the map is not saved with the gametype prefix then it will not work. (since the play from here function will not load the gametype rules)

Comment

I think I can find a solution to the 5th probelm, Wednesday's evening, I should have a solution

Comment

Working...
                          X