player starts for various areas in your level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

player starts for various areas in your level

How can I set up a number of different playerstarts so that instead of just always taking me back to the very beginning of my level I can have one that makes you appear before the obstacle that just killed you? Does this make sense?

My Kismet is very rusty, but I wonder if you can disable/enable player starts? If so, at the start of the level, only a few player starts would be enabled. Once you have reached a specific place in your map, you can possible disable the first set (with a trigger volume), then enable the next set. Rinse and Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
      My Kismet is very rusty, but I wonder if you can disable/enable player starts? If so, at the start of the level, only a few player starts would be enabled. Once you have reached a specific place in your map, you can possible disable the first set (with a trigger volume), then enable the next set. Rinse and Repeat.
      yes it is possible to disable and enable player starts. I believe it is as simple as just attaching the playerstart to a toggle on/off action in kismet. As Odedge described, you could use a trigger volume spanning across a corridor to act as a "checkpoint", which would toggle the previous spawn point off, and the next one on.

Comment

Working...
      X