making normalmaps??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

making normalmaps??

I am using a mac with boot camp. I have Photoshop CS4 for mac only. I went to the navida plug-in site. They are only for windows (if i am mistaken). I can't afford CrazyBump Software until there is still a chance to get the beta. I got ShaderMap CL, but it not as close as good quality as the normalmaps that I see in the UT3 Editor. It so sharp and clear. ShaderMap CL is so clay like...

I also tried a software for the mac called "NMG". It the worst normalmap generator ever! Is there any plug-in for photoshop that is not a installer or anything else for windows that is free and high quality???

Please help me??? I want good quality textures/3d models...

Are you using a mac pro, or Imac? If you have a tower, you should be able to run windows boot camp, throw in any Nvidia Graphics card, and you'll be all set! (Assuming Nvidia cards work on macs, which they should....)

Anyway, what system you running?

Comment

Originally posted by Shinobibob View Post
      Are you using a mac pro, or Imac? If you have a tower, you should be able to run windows boot camp, throw in any Nvidia Graphics card, and you'll be all set! (Assuming Nvidia cards work on macs, which they should....)

Anyway, what system you running?
      I am using a imac. I have boot camp with windows 7 ultimate 64-bit. Yes all mac can have navida and ati cards. But how would that help me? I got gimp for windows with normal mapper. it seems to help me alot.

Comment

Nvidia makes a normalmap plugin, as does ati it can be found on their dev pages

Comment

How do I use the ATI normal map maker???

Comment

If you're trying to generate a normal map from a diffuse map, don't. They look like ****. I dunno about ATI's, but the plugin for GIMP uses a heightmap and produces relatively good results.

Comment

wow. gimp is pretty good at producing normalmaps. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X