Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Announcer when powerups spawn - solved

Hi everyone,

I was wondering how to add this feature in my map. The goal is to use the sexy female announcer when my powerups are spawning.

I know some maps are using one for the UDamage because I already ear it in some map but I would like to do the same with the redeemer.

Any "how to" would be greatly appreciated.

THX in advance

You can use kismet to do that.
    For example, you can try it with the gong-sound from "A_Ambient_NonLoops" (I think)...
    You have to place the sound-"item"-actor in the map (so that it gets cooked)
    and then select your pickup. In kismet, you right-klick>new event using pickup-bla>Pickup Status Change. Then you can either use "taken" or "available"
    You must use the "New Action>Sound>PlaySound"-Command and then use the sound-item actor within the properties of the "PlaySound"-command.
    For the female announcer, either search for the sound-actor, or make a custom "sound-item" in your map's package referring to the sound-file in UT3...
    hope you understand and hope it works

Comment

THX for the quick answer, I'll try it out later

Comment

I just wanted to THX ya for the help.

In brief, I wasn't sure so I load a plethora of stock maps to look for that kind of thing. I also check AVLD site to understand the very basic kismet stuff & finally made it.

When I finish it, I read again what you where trying to explain to me to finnaly see that I did what you where suggesting LOL

THX again m8

Comment

In DM-Fith, I just used the "Play Announcement" Kismet block. You don't need to insert a sound icon into the map if you do that and it will give you a wide area announcement heard throughout the map. Just tie the item "available" to that and it should play.

Comment

Originally posted by M^vL View Post
            In DM-Fith, I just used the "Play Announcement" Kismet block. You don't need to insert a sound icon into the map if you do that and it will give you a wide area announcement heard throughout the map. Just tie the item "available" to that and it should play.
            I think I've done what your saying. Take a look :

[screenshot]http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/8111/sanstitrewrk.jpg[/screenshot]

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
              I think I've done what your saying. Take a look :
              I find that sometimes that doesn't work for me to play a sound throughout the level. Sometimes it localizes near the trigger. If that is working, go ahead and leave it but if not, "play announcement" will definitely work.

Comment

Originally posted by M^vL View Post
                I find that sometimes that doesn't work for me to play a sound throughout the level. Sometimes it localizes near the trigger. If that is working, go ahead and leave it but if not, "play announcement" will definitely work.
                Dunno how come, but to satisfy my curiosity, I did replace the "play sound" by the "play announcement" box, linked the boxes & it didn't work at all. I never ear the sound even 1 time

The "play sound" box work flawlessly offline (dunno about online but I don't play online anyway).

Odd.

Comment

"play announcement" should reference a usound rather than a cue, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                    "play announcement" should reference a usound rather than a cue, I think.
                    Well,

For the "play sound", indeed, you must point to a cue.

For "play announcement", I add a target & point to the sound directly & I didn't receive any error while doing this. I didn't ear nothing ingame.

But the "play sound" play great so that is fine with me

Comment

Working...
                    X