bleeding lights?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bleeding lights?!

How can I prevent my lights from adjacent rooms from bleeding through the floor? I have light showing through the area where the walls and floor meet and no there is gap between them.

Umm, how bright are the lights? I have seen this issue in older versions of the engine, but haven't come across it yet.

Comment

Can you post some screenshots, because I have not seen this with the Unreal3 engine. I suppose it could be a light build error or lack of building lights thats really all I can think of. Or if snap was not on and you built the bsp it could have a micro gap no visible to the naked eye.

Comment

Move your light around you will soon find where the gap ( there must be a gap as light does not just go through walls. Try going in out around maybe use a spotlight and angle it? The light should not go through a physical wall.

Comment

I have the same problem at times where light seems to go through between walls and floors, even when they are on top of each other with no gaps between them. I'll see if I can get a screenshot somewhere as well.

Edit:

the light is bleeding between two walls.

Comment

try raising the lightmap resolution of the mesh which recieve that light.

Comment

Or just cover it up with some static meshes, and put a no render texture on the bsp.

Comment

Working...
              X