Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting the textures for 3rd person pickup mesh???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting the textures for 3rd person pickup mesh???

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...1#post27223831

I am trying to figure out how to set the texture/skin for the weapon pickup. I succesfully set the texture on the 1st person mesh. How do I replace the texture on the pickup weapon?

http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost...20&postcount=5
    You need to begin the object with the PickupMesh name in your weapon class, and set your mesh instead of the original. You take care of the rest in your replacement mutator, or by using the stock weapon replacement mutator.
    BTW, one forum thread is enough.

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
      http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost...20&postcount=5
      You need to begin the object with the PickupMesh name in your weapon class, and set your mesh instead of the original. You take care of the rest in your replacement mutator, or by using the stock weapon replacement mutator.
      BTW, one forum thread is enough.
      That what I did and I get a warning saying "It does not exist".

Comment

You may need to create your skeletal mesh or static mesh in your package. Right-click on it to copy the reference as with your material.

Comment

You may need to create your skeletal mesh or static mesh in your package. Right-click on it to copy the reference as with your material.
          I don't understand what you mean? Are you saying I have to go back to the regular flakcannon upk in UE3 and find the 3rd person mesh and copy it to my redflakcannon upk file?

Comment

Yes, then you would need to alter it to look like yours. Then your script has something to find.

Comment

Yes, then you would need to alter it to look like yours. Then your script has something to find.
              That the part I had a problem with. I copied the pickup mesh to my red flakcannon upk. I don't know how to change the skin after that. I tried doing it the same way as I did on my 1st person skin...

Comment

Otoh

Actually, you may be able to do set the material in the default properties section of your weapon class. Because the original Flak Cannon Skeletal Mesh is in a stock package, you should be able to just reference it and set your material.

Begin Object Name=PickupMesh
                SkeletalMesh=SkeletalMesh'WP_FlakCannon.Mesh.SK_WP _FlakCannon_3P_Mid'
                Materials(0)=Material'WP_RedFlakCannon.Materials.M _WP_RedFlakCannon'
                End Object

Comment

Actually, you may be able to do set the material in the default properties section of your weapon class. Because the original Flak Cannon Skeletal Mesh is in a stock package, you should be able to just reference it and set your material.

Begin Object Name=PickupMesh
                  SkeletalMesh=SkeletalMesh'WP_FlakCannon.Mesh.SK_WP _FlakCannon_3P_Mid'
                  Materials(0)=Material'WP_RedFlakCannon.Materials.M _WP_RedFlakCannon'
                  End Object
                  It now red on pickup but it yellow when a bot/player is holding it. How do I set the texture for 3rd person?

Comment

Working...
                  X