Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

detecting weapon fire

hey guys,
    i'm making a map and i want one room to be set up as sort of a no fire zone, and if anyone fires a weapon in the room i want to be able to detect it and kill them. is there anyway to set up a volume to detect when a weapon is fired inside it, or if a bullet is traveling through it, as well as the player who fired the weapon? thanks for your help

I am not sure how to do that, but this might work (not sure if it would work online though) is to set up a trigger volume inside the room. When a player is inside the volume, then enable god mode. When they leave, disable it. People can still fire weapons, but it won't matter.

Comment

I think you can use a physics volume with true bool property: bNeutralZone

Comment

thanks nickG. i knew i could set it to sort of be a no fire zone where people wouldn't get hurt by incoming fire, but i wanted to be able to kill whoever did fire as sort of a punishment. it goes along with the theme of the map. having dug into some scripting though, i'm thinking it will be a little too complex to set up for the deadline i have, so i'm probably just going to go with a neutral zone. thanks for your help guys!

Comment

Perhaps you can add a volume or area mesh which collides only weapons and use kismet take damage. Then run a comparison on instigators of the player touching volume to ensure that the instigator has fired from within the target area. 'Does not seem extremely difficult to set up.

Comment

Working...
          X