Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Packages, Which and How

Hi,
    I am planning on doing some conversions of old maps for UT3, but those maps are BSP only for the biggest parts...
    So i want to add static meshes to make it look better and all, but i dont know which packages i need...
    So could someone tell me which packages contain what and where i can find them?
    I would really appreciate that,
    Thanks in advance!

best bet is through trial and error, after a while you start to figure out where meshes, emitters and other assets are. Most of the meshes you will use are in the environments folder, where the game is installed (i forget the address).

Comment

i was hoping there was some kind of list or something of what packages include... [as there was a list for the packages in UT99 and UT2004]
      also, i am currently working on a map, and i would like to use a texture which is used on a mesh, but i cant seem to find it anywere... how could i get hold of that texture?

Comment

Why don't you make your own experiences with the UT3 content like everybody else??
        Just look through all those packages in C:/Programs/Unreal Tournament 3/UTGame/CookedPC/Environments/ , and you will find what you need.
        Emitters are in ...CookedPC/Effects/ .
        If you have a static mesh selected, press f4 to see the properties of it.
        Somewhere there you can find an option to add materials to the mesh.

And remember .. google is your friend -
        there are so many tutorials, even on Youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by Sp4der View Post
          Why don't you make your own experiences with the UT3 content like everybody else??
          Just look through all those packages in C:/Programs/Unreal Tournament 3/UTGame/CookedPC/Environments/ , and you will find what you need.
          Emitters are in ...CookedPC/Effects/ .
          If you have a static mesh selected, press f4 to see the properties of it.
          Somewhere there you can find an option to add materials to the mesh.

And remember .. google is your friend -
          there are so many tutorials, even on Youtube.
          yeah thanks, but i had no idea where to find the files and all
          thanks for where to find them

Comment

Here's a catalog of all the static meshes in UT3:
            http://utmapping.wikidot.com/static-mesh-catalog

Comment

Originally posted by counterblast View Post
              Here's a catalog of all the static meshes in UT3:
              http://utmapping.wikidot.com/static-mesh-catalog
              thanks!!!

Comment

Working...