Disappearing mesh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappearing mesh

I just posted this in user maps and mods which ithink was the wrong section of the forum? ugh.... anyways.

problem.... disappearing mesh.

Here's he model in maya:

here's the mesh in the editor:

Within the Unreal static mesh editor it looks fine. Untextured but fine. When i place it within the level it comes out as that solid block of gray and then when i build and play test the level it's completely not there.

any suggestions?

I faced this before, maybe an answer here:
    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=703162

I see on your screenshots that the editor render mode is set tho unlit. Maybe this why you see your mesh as a solid block (without shadows).. Try it lit

Comment

perfect. I imported the mesh directly to the map's publishing package and it worked.

....weird it doesn't work in the development package because I have at least another 20 models that are visible within game that are imported meshes coming from the development package.

Comment

Originally posted by TGNSD View Post
        perfect. I imported the mesh directly to the map's publishing package and it worked.
        If this is going to be a stand alone map, try not to use the extra .upk packages. If you can, rename the existing content into your map package, though you will have to do some cleaning up to make sure everything is pointing towards the assets stored in your map package.

On a similar note, if you add custom content to your map package, you should use it in the map before doing a build/save to help prevent the editor from "flushing" it out of the map, which is a built in feature of sorts.

Comment

Working...
        X