kismet "change collision" node strange behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kismet "change collision" node strange behavior

I try to make a seq who allow to have 2 powerups on the same spot, available one after one. It's work fine with human player (me when I test) but not when bots are on the map.

Basically, I just hide/unhide the 2 powerups and change their collision ("bBlockActors" and "bCollideActors" on-off) with kismet,
    but the "change collision" kismet node seems to works only with human player, if I remove the collision of a powerup, I cannot pickup it but the bots can, why????

Originally posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
    I cannot pickup it but the bots can, why????
    Because bots hack!

I used the change collision node to allow walls to be shot through when the turned purple and the bots were able to understand this.

Shouldn't there only be 2 settings for your powerups? Touch and No Collision? They shouldn't block anything, especially players as the player were never be able to actually grab the power up.

Comment

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
      Because bots hack!
      I used the change collision node to allow walls to be shot through when the turned purple and the bots were able to understand this.
      Shouldn't there only be 2 settings for your powerups? Touch and No Collision? They shouldn't block anything, especially players as the player were never be able to actually grab the power up.
      hum....
      Well, I must say I understand nothing to what you try to explain me bro...maybe too tired this evening lol

I just want to know why a powerup without collision (via kismet) can be pickup by a bot but not by the player?
      Or, how can I do to enable/disable a powerup with kismet?

Comment

hum....
        Well, I must say I understand nothing to what you try to explain me bro...maybe too tired this evening lol
        Doesn't really matter.

I just want to know why a powerup without collision (via kismet) can be pickup by a bot but not by the player?
        You know more Kismet than me and I don't think it can work with collision. I think it's a bug in the programming.

Or, how can I do to enable/disable a powerup with kismet?
        I remembered that DM-SteamTemple has multiple powerups. After looking at the map, you need to use a ActorFactory (Action -> Actor -> Actor Factory).

I would place a static mesh to use as the powerup base because it only spawns the actual powerup.

I would place a path node on top of the same base and make the powerup spawn on that path node.

Powerup will disappear after a short time (don't know if you can control this).

Bots don't recognize it as a normal powerup (no paths will be created), so you must spawn it on a path node and if a bot walks by it, they will pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
          I remembered that DM-SteamTemple has multiple powerups...
          I know that way and it's not really what I want to obtain (powerup disapear after a time as you notice it and it's cannot be control...)
          But i just find a way to make what I want (with some nova's tricks lol)
          anyway, thx to have try to help

Comment

But i just find a way to make what I want (with some nova's tricks lol)
            anyway, thx to have try to help
            No problem, it's the least I could do for you. Do you mind sharing one of your "tricks"?

Comment

Working...
            X