Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a solution to re-importing my imported textures and particles..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a solution to re-importing my imported textures and particles..

Hello All!

Currently I have to move with me my level from Home to my Unreal Class at school, but every time I upload my Level, my packages are missing and I have to re upload them .

I save my packages and always have them on my flash drive. How would I make this process of moving with my Level more fluid?

What am I doing wrong?

Do I have to buy an External Hardrive (a large one) to solve this issue?

Unlesss you have a extremely small flash drive, I don't think you would need an external hard drive. Ideally, when creating custom content, it should be added directly to the map file (just be sure you use them in the map before doing a build/save). This way, you really only have to use one file.

If your map doesn't work correctly at school, I presume it's because of one or all of these reasons.

1. You are not bringing with you all of your custom packages (if you do use these, they can't use the same name as your map, like DM-Mapname).

2. You are using another mapper's custom ,upk file and not bringing that with you.

3. You are using some Ttitan content (located in the 3G folder) and that's not installed on your schools computer.

Comment

by saving it to the file, would i save it directly to the file by selecting the file when the save browser appears?

or do i just give it the same exact name?

Thank you for your help by the way!

Comment

Originally posted by mhlongley88 View Post
        by saving it to the file, would i save it directly to the file by selecting the file when the save browser appears?
        Yes. I would select it from the drop down menu if needed. If you have your map selected in the generic browser, ti will usually automatically enter your map's name.

As I mentioned before, you need to use them in the map before doing a build/save.)

Comment

Working...
        X