Volumes Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volumes Question

Im trying to make an area with fast flowing water in it. The volume is there to carry the player quickly in a direction. The problem is if the player touches the CSG subtracted brush (which is forming the tunnel with the water in it) the player starts walking and the force which is propelling the player in the X axis is ignored. If the player jumps this force comes into play but it needs to be automatic.

How can I make this directional force take priority and stop the player walking?

Thx.

Hmmm, did you try making the volume slightly bigger (in all four sides) than the subtractive brush? If you have volumes that over lap, you might have to give one volume a higher priority number.

Comment

lower the ground friction

Comment

Or make multiple volumes. Lets say you want push player in X direction. Make 4 volumes along X axis. all of them have force of 300-400 on X, but Z and Y pushing player a bit up and to the middle of stream. Set gravity to 0 there.

Next your problem is that ragdolls are not affected by it, or maybe i do not know method. So if anybody know way to push ragdolls in volume, please post here. I solved ragdoll problem by using chain of force actors, but would love to have it as volume.

Comment

Physics Volumes can force players in directions.

Comment

I was over complicating things, using gravity, physics, blocking volumes to solve this problem. I didnt realise that a water volume had "physics volume" in its settings also. For some reason water volumes dont have the problem of the player sticking to the floor and being locked into walking.

So... all I needed to do was use a water vol. and set the zonal velocity in its physics setting! Now the player gets swept away with the current, Hurray!

Thx for your suggestions guys!

Comment

Working...
            X