Quick animation question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick animation question

Hey guys ive seen some peoples animation work in 3ds max, and have seen some stuff that i like, and so thought id take up animation for a while.

And what id like to know is, are ut3 character and vehicle animations just done in max or other 3d programs and then exported to the UE? Or do you have to do something special with your character in the UE?

Thanks

the animations are created in 3ds max or maya or wot ever then exported to ut3 using actorx plugin be sure to check the tutorials at the bottom of the page

if you use maya the is Dennys character rig which is awesome

hope that helps

Comment

Ok awesome, im just learning animation in 3ds max, good to know i can use it for UE too. Can shooting animations be done in 3ds max btw?

Comment

yeah you'd just have to create the weapon animations separte to the character obviously

i stumbled across the 3ds default skeletons and a nifty tutorial should be useful for you

Comment

Hmm my friend has just said that shooting animations are done in Cascade, and not 3ds max. Is this true?

Comment

Cascade is the particle editor for ut3 it's for making emitters

the work flow for a weapon is somthing like this.........

1) Animate your wepon in the 3d app of your choice.....

2) Create an animation package and export a .psa (animation file) from your app using actorX plugin

3) Export a .psk (skeletal mesh file) using actorX plugin

4) Create a new package in the generic browser by importing the .psk file

5) Create a new animset in a new package in the generic browser of ut3

4) Import your .psa file into the animset if you set the skeleton to the Weapon skeleton you used to animate, you should see the animations play in side the animset browser

5) Write a Script for your weapon and a Mutator which makes it appear in game

The work flow you need for a character is somthing like this......

1) Use the Default skeletons in which ever 3d app you choose to create the disired animation

2) Create an animation package and export a .psa file from your app using actorX plugin

3) Create a new animset in a new package in the generic browser of ut3

4) Import your .psa file into the animset if you set the skeleton to the default skeleton you used to animate you should see the animations play in side the animset browser

5)Next you need to write a nifty little mutator which modify's the utpawn to use your animations

simple

Comment

Working...
            X