Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kill volume

Hi
    I know how to add kill volumes but i was wondering if anyone can help me pls.
    I have a crane with a box attached with moves when entered, i need to add a trigger so that when a part of the box, maybe a little control panel on the outside is shot it triggers an electrifying kill volume inside the box.
    Feel free to have a play with my map and do it... ; )
    Heres the map if u wanna see what i mean

thx
    http://www.fileplanet.com/206002/200...leinfo/Foundry

You place kill volumes the same way you place bsp. Shape, resize and move your red builder brush to wherever you want the killvolume, and look for a translucent cube icon near the bottom left of you screen. Right click it and left click on the kill volume/zone option. To activate/deactivate it, place a toggle action in kismet and (with your kill volume selected in any view port, remember to move the builder brush and click on the pink wireframe cube that the builder brush was covering) right click on the 'target' node of the toggle action and select the option that says killvolume00 in it. All you need to do from there is connect your toggle action to the rest of the kismet sequence and test it out.

Comment

Thx
      I KNOW HOW TO ADD A KILL VOLUME
      i JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO TRIGGER IT FROM SHOOTING A CERTAIN MESH LIKE A CONTAINER

Comment

Sry, I just skimmed through your post

Anyways, select the mesh you want to trigger it, then right click in kismet and in that menu look for an option like 'takedamage'. And for the electricity effect, just use an emmiter and a toggle action.

Comment

dont suppose theres any chance u could just do it to my map and reupload it is there?
          from the box thats hanging from the crane

Comment

To help get you started, this is what I did for a similar situation...

[shot]http://odedge.com/forums/ut3_kismet_04.jpg[/shot]

You won't need the Matinee as I have something moving. You will need to toggle an emitter if want it to look "electrifying".

Comment

The kill volume seems to be on all the time and not triggered by trigger

Comment

Try a Dynamic Physics Volume with damage-causing properties, instead.

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                  Try a Dynamic Physics Volume with damage-causing properties, instead.
                  I have a Dynamic Physics Volume too. If you look closely to the yellow circle in the upper half, you can see it there.

Comment

Oh, and if you are using a kill volume, remember that paths won't normally be made through it, so you will need to do it manually.

Comment

Working...
                    X