Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Custom sound tools for PS3 mod authors released!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom sound tools for PS3 mod authors released!

Great news: You can now import custom sounds for your Unreal Tournament 3 mods for PS3 using Epic Games’ ATRAC3 mod tools, which are free of charge and available now.

Previously, custom sounds for UT3 mods have only been supported for PC. Thanks to cooperation with Sony, Epic Games is able to offer its QA-tested and approved PS3 sound conversion tools to mod authors.

What this means is that many of the latest and greatest mods, especially total conversions using entirely original assets, can now be ported over for the entire PS3 community to enjoy.

As most of you know, you can check out www.makesomethingunreal.com to view the dozens of levels, characters, vehicles, weapons and total conversions that are in the running to receive lots of cash and even an Unreal Engine 3 commercial license through the $1 Million Intel Make Something Unreal Contest.

If you want to take advantage of these tools, the instructions are really simple. First, you should have UT3 for PC, patched to the latest version, installed on your local machine to get started.

To access the sound conversion tools, simply click through the ATRAC end-user license agreement (EULA) here, install ATRAC on top of UT3’s PS3ModTools v2.1 (which enable the cooking of PC mods for use on the PS3), and begin importing files.

You can read more about creating UT3 mods for PS3 at the Unreal Developer Network: http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/PS3Mods.html.

To download PS3ModTools 2.1, click here: http://udn.epicgames.com/Files/UT3/M...odTools2.1.exe

To view the ATRAC tools EULA, visit http://www.scedev.net/atrac_eula.php.

Wow
    That's great Crowl!
    Thanks!
    It will without a doubt get me playing UT3 on my PS3 again when authors get their maps recooked with custom audio!
    A little off topic, but it is fantastic news!

Comment

Thanks crowl. Ive always hated having to pull custom sounds out of PS3 versions. Good to know I dont have to for the next one

Comment

I really can't applaud EPIC enough for continuing to support the PS3... seriously....
        There are a lot of us out there still loving this game (and with splitscreen there's a lot more of us than just who's online. Custom sound on the PS3 has been the sought after unicorn as far as I'm concerned, and now it's here.... You've made my day... Hell, you made my year.

Comment

Thank you very much Now we should be able to release Project Stealth to PS3 when we are finished. A dream came true.

Comment

Still doesn't convince me why I should cook stuff for people who do not contribute to my home community, the PC world.

We can talk again as soon as PS3 players are able to connect to the same servers as PC players.

Comment

Originally posted by Stromboli View Post
              I really can't applaud EPIC enough for continuing to support the PS3... seriously....
              There are a lot of us out there still loving this game (and with splitscreen there's a lot more of us than just who's online. Custom sound on the PS3 has been the sought after unicorn as far as I'm concerned, and now it's here.... You've made my day... Hell, you made my year.
              Couldn't have said it better...sure glad we have mod authors that still support the PS3 as well.

Comment

I have some problems with this already maybe someone can help me out. I have the latest patch etc.... I applied this tool and cook some stuff fine, but after that I went into the editor and it got really messed up..... Whenever i loaded a map it hung the editor, extra screen would pop open and close. (say non-responding on them). The map would never actually come open. I've had to crash the editor to get out,
                several times. Also when I try to save an imported sound in the editor it also hangs then.

ever since then I have been getting this error message when I try to cook stuff:
                Code:
                Warning, Cooking simple sound failed: Sounds.Player.PlayerSound_09
                Reason: ATRAC3 conversion failed!:
                also an error box will pop open saying MSEnc.exe has stopped working

Comment

Originally posted by Stromboli View Post
                  Nice

Thank you.

Comment

Yay, now ppl have one less thing to complain about!

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
                      Still doesn't convince me why I should cook stuff for people who do not contribute to my home community, the PC world.
                      No one is forcing anyone to support the PS3. Do it or don't do it, PS3 users know by now not everything is going to be cooked. But it does show your work and talents to a large mainstream and sometimes influential audience. I could be way off, but from the reports I heard, UT3 sold more on PS3, and it's lowish PS3 sales( compared to say the 360 system seller GoW) were more a victim of timing and circumstance. Who'd have guessed that ho-hum Call of Duty series would drop CoD4 and completely roll the hype-fad train all over every shooter 4 the next year... this game just went unnoticed, and PS3 only starting selling after this game came out. If this was released 2day in it's current iteration it would move a mill, and I have a PS3 bud who bought ut3 on PC and started modding because he saw the game on my PSN and asked about the game. And I've had tourney's online with other PS3 players playing exclusively on user created maps and with/without mods. I've tested an unreal amount of alphas and betas, etc., for those who's performance goal from the start was the PS3. I just got a new computer just to start modding myself and my goals will all be PS3 performance goals and cooks... Is there no place in the UT community for me? I've had 4 guys in my Socom clan alone buy UT3 since I sent them a gameplay vid. There are a lot of us supporting the efforts of the modders and watching the MSUC entries, etc., so what's wrong with doing it on our servers? So what r U doing for the PSN?

But seriously... I just tested out a weapon with custom sound for the PS3, and I'm happier than a hippie at a "save the cockroaches" rally.

Comment

one more thing to go. family's

Comment

Even though I don't have a PS3, I can tell Epic (and Sony ) is being very thoughtful about continuing to give more support to UT3 on the PS3. Epic is epic!

Comment

This is cool , hopefully this will get more people to cook ps3 mod's .

I would like know is there any chance on making or integrating an ambient occlusion tool for the next update , or some time soon. thank you

Comment

wow this is great at last ut3 ps2 have costum sound
                              there is only 1 thing that bin a long dream ps3 vs pc

Comment

Working...
                              X