Multiple flagbases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple flagbases?

Is it possible to add more than one flagbase for each team in CTF? And can I alter the points a capture of a certain flag gives? Would I need a new gametype for this?

I don't think it's possible (for bots atleast) with the the stock CTF. I say this because I tried it in Greed and the bots only recognized the first flag I placed in the map. Although, a human player could deposit the skulls in either. I presume the same would work for CTF though.

Comment

It does work. I tried it before and the bots will go to whichever flag is closer. That said it was in a 5m x 5m room with both coloured flags next to each other. Just depended where the bots spawned. I don't know how it would work on larger maps.

Comment

So it works. I wonder how to randomize the way bots select each flag... Maybe like they select routes in normal CTF, or select nodes in Warfare.

Thanks anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by marilol View Post
          It does work. I tried it before and the bots will go to whichever flag is closer. That said it was in a 5m x 5m room with both coloured flags next to each other. Just depended where the bots spawned. I don't know how it would work on larger maps.
          It does not work. When there are more than two flags in CTF or VCTF, the game becomes confused as to which is which; allowing players to score in the wrong places, and sometimes pick up the wrong flag.

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
            It does not work. When there are more than two flags in CTF or VCTF, the game becomes confused as to which is which; allowing players to score in the wrong places, and sometimes pick up the wrong flag.
            Bleh... Oh well, maybe the gametype could turn out as a good project for me.

Comment

Working...
            X