Kismet player selection help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kismet player selection help...

Ok I am about to go crazy trying to figure out how to get kismet to find a certain player id in game.

What I want it to be able to do is toggle on and off player starts for different players. I have a max of 4 players in the map at a given time. What I need to do is when lets say player0 passes though a the trigger volume it unlocks a respawn point for him at that location. However it does not unlock it for the other players until they pass though that same volume.

You can use a 'Get Object Property' action to return the PlayerReplicationInfo property of any instigator of a touch event for the trigger volume. Then you could add it to a list or whatever.

Comment

ok that makes more sense now, although i am a little confused on the list part. Would I list like player0, player1 and so forth?

Comment

ok maybe I am a little more confused by it to get the PlayerReplicationInfo property do I just add player to the target?

Comment

Not a very elegant solution, but you could only enable the spawn point whenever that player dies, and disable it after they respawn. If you're worried about someone else respawning at near the same time, you could just teleport them to their proper respawn point as a backup...

Comment

I don't know how to set valid spawns or whatever your are doing. This is an example which should Teleport the player's Pawn to a single PathNode if the player has touched the TriggerVolume

Here, I am getting and adding the pawn's Controller to the list instead of PlayerReplicationInfo, because a spawn instigator is a UTPlayerController. This way kismet can check the list directly after spawn rather than firstly retrieving additional object properties. If the UTPlayerController is in the list, this sequence gets its pawn and teleports it.

Comment

Well ****, i never knew that "IsIn Object" list existed. Always wanted something like that but never found it. Thanks for the heads up! Shouldn't that be listed in the conditions section though? Oh well, it is what it is. Better to find out something late than never.

Comment

I might have it working not sure till I test it with more than one person. Going off death will not work because the map is a racing map. So they need to be alive, so when player 1 touches the checkpoint its only valid for player 1 and not the rest of them till they touch it.

Comment

Working...
                X