Selecting Building brush and texture question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selecting Building brush and texture question

Hope these are not to much of newbie questions and forgive me if they are. Been searching for awhile and I can not seem to find the answers.

1) Is there a keyboard shortcut to select the builder brush?

2) Is there a way to quick way to scale a Material to fit on a face perfectly.

3) Is there a way to copy the Materials properties from a face and apply to another face. (coord, scale, and rotation)

Thanks Geosmores

1. Deselect, click in empty space in 2d views and drag.

2 and 3 - I used to love the gdtradiant for it. Afaik it was the only one application that had such feature implemented. It looks, like the Epic guys love to do these things the hard way

Comment

1. If your in a perspective view, you usually have to go into wire frame mode to select the builder brush (don't ask my why though(.

2. "perfectly"?, don't think so, but if it's a BSP, you can adjust the scale by pressing F5 and tweaking the scale properties. You can adjust it with different values for U and V too. Tip: Try to build your walls in modular sizes (128, 256, 384, 512, 768, 1024). This way, most textures will scale better. If you make a brush wall 239x533, it's very hard to scale it "perfectly".

3. You think I would know this exactly, but you can select the BSP faces, press "Ctrl+C", select a new face, then pres "Ctrl+V". I know that will copy the material and the basic alignment, though it should copy the other attributes as well (rotation and scaling).

You're welcome Odedge

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrCjl2BhSvM

Comment

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
          1. If your in a perspective view, you usually have to go into wire frame mode to select the builder brush (don't ask my why though(.
          You can select the builder brush in percpective view, it's just harder to click on.

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
            You can select the builder brush in percpective view, it's just harder to click on.
            So much so it's quicker to go into wire frame mode.

Comment

Thanks for all the info.

I also just found out that if you right click with shift/ctrl it will also select the building brush.

Comment

Working...
              X