Big Lighting Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Lighting Problem

Ok in every map I am making I have been importing my own textures (i don't now if this is whats causing my issue or not) but i noticed that in my map no matter how much i turned down the brightness or radius of the lights it was still too bright. I decided to redo the lighting so i deleted ALL of the lights to my shock it was still bright. I make very large maps with lots of hiding spots. There is parts of my map that need to be dark so why are they still lit up. I mean seriously my entire map is lit up bright as heck. Anyways if you want to check it out you can go play the map on our server 63.209.33.54:777 or you can download the map and package here http://foredirect.us/UT3/RIIP_BigBedroom.zip thanks for any help in advance.

Posting a screen shot would have been the route to take here. It's just easier. Without messing with DLing your map, I'm going to suggest that in your materials you have attached the texture to the Emissive node. You should just be using Diffuse for standard textures.

Comment

i'll give that a try now, i could post a screen shot, but i would think anyone would be able to look at the properties i have with a screen shot. but ill post one now this screen shot is the remake of punkys bar and as you can see its still VERY bright. Also yeah my materials are emissive cause i read a tutorial on importing textures and thats what it said to do. I'll change the properties now and get back with you.... http://foredirect.us/UT3/punky%27s4.JPG

Comment

Yeah, well that's exactly your problem. Anything plugged into emissive will show up at full brightness and lighting will have absolutely NO effect on it. Diffuse is what you use for regular textures. Emissive you use for things that are always lit, regardless of lighting - like the lightbulb part of a texture would be bright white and plugged into emissive. Or a neon sign would be a bright color and plugged into emissive. Then you would typically place a light of that same color in the same place. Thus it gives you the illusion that the neon sign is actually lighting the area.

Comment

well this is weird it works on some surfaces, but there are several surfaces in my map that no matter what i change the properties to or what material i select it won't accept lighting

Comment

nevermind I'm i found the problem...I'm an idiot thats all

Comment

Working...
            X