Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CarbonFire's conveyor belts don't work on vehicles/kactors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CarbonFire's conveyor belts don't work on vehicles/kactors?

I am just copy/pasting them into a VCTF map I'm making, but it can't even move a guy who is feigning death. What gives?

Edit: I am also copy/pasting in the physics and blocking volumes, not just the mesh.

Bump...

10chars

Comment

i worked on a map with those too. umm i think u might need to go into the properties of the physics/blocking volumes and change there collision to vehicles. im not sure though.

Comment

Ok, I'll try that now. Any other suggestions if it doesn't work?

Comment

It didn't work

Comment

well i am a complete noob at the editor so im not that suprised. there must be some way to make a volume that effects vehicles. i dont really know though. sorry

Comment

I just asked captainsnarf for help, maybe he knows what to do.

Comment

Stock physics volumes won't affect vehicles, what you can do though, is place UTVehicleBoostPads where your current physics volumes are to affect just the vehicles.

Comment

What can I configure with the boost pad?

Comment

It's tricky, but you can make a ZoneVelocity affect a vehicle in a physics zone by giving it a RigidBodyDampingWhatsit. I noticed that very high values do nothing, and about 100 tends to yank the vehicle to the deisred vector very quickly, so it might be a velocity change per frame/tick value.

I've only tested this with a Raptor whose physics were set to Null while it was attached to a mover and lifted via matinee into the physicsvolume, and then returned to RigidBody and Detached at the same point inside it, so I don't have comprehensive testing going on here, but it seemed to work for that.

(I was trying to see if it was possible to have a vehicle in a 'storage' position, that goes through a launch proceedure when you get in it, and thinking of an effect like the StarFury launches in Babylon 5 . It's really too bad that the velicity of the matinee motion isnt' maintained when you detach something ... though I didn't test changing it's physics a tick before detaching it .... Hm)

Comment

Ok, sounds confusing, but I'll try both.

Comment

Ach, sorry; I do remember feeling confused in the editor though. Just think of that damping factor as some sort of "how fast can vehicles be affected by this" limiter though, that might help

Comment

And would it also work with kactors and physics assets?

Comment

Um, I think so. Those all use phys-type RigidBody, right? That's what the damping is for, not specifically vehicles, so I would think so. Probably. (meep)

Comment

Oh ****, forgot to try it out again, another double xp thing on COD5 lol. Also, I dont really understand your instructions, are the first and second paragraphs talking about the same process? I have my doubts about the vehicle boost pad too, after all, its purpose is to accelerate a vehicle, not so much as to apply a constant velocity.

Comment

Working...
                              X