Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Play Matinee When Team X Controls The node?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play Matinee When Team X Controls The node?

I've got 2 nodes...when the right one is captured by red I want a matinee thing to happen on the right, when the left one etc left. And when the blue team recaptures the matinee sequence is undone...should be simple, but there may be a better way to note node status, because nothing moves with what's displayed here. Any ideas?

[shot]http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs25/f/2009/243/8/3/KismetShot_by_KingNoOne.jpg[/shot]

Anyone? Really trying to figure this out, since it seems like it should work...The matinee performs properly when played but the node status doesn't instruct it correctly

Comment

I can't look at it myself right now, but I believe there's a matinee attached to the Air Node in WAR-Islander_Necris that causes a nanoblack puddle to grow out from under the node base when / as the blue team controlls / builds the node, and receed when the node is neutral or red.

That might reveal the linkage bits you're missing, if you can follow it.

Comment

Sounds like a good place to check, thanks

Comment

Ok, you have it hooked up wrong. First off, "node team's powercore" is supposed to be a blank object. It gets assigned by the Onslaught Node Event. Also, you don't need two Onslaught Node Events assigned to the same power node. In fact, the way you have it set up, when a node is finished building it both starts and reverses the matinee at the same time, thus resulting in nothing happening.

Here is how it should look:

When a node is finished building, it compares the node's team's powercore with the red powercore. If the blank object is a red powercore (and thus a red node), it starts the matinee. If the blank object is not a red powercore (and thus a blue node), it reverses the matinee.

Comment

Ah, I see...Thanks. Good to know I can attach values like that...

Comment

No problem . Depending what you're doing it may get more complicated. Holla if you need more help.

Comment

Question guys...

How did you get the variable that determines which team activates the nodes.

I have a small setup where if a team captures a node, an interpactor nearby will switch colors to the corresponding team that captured it.

Comment

Originally posted by de.yrc.s View Post
                  Question guys...

How did you get the variable that determines which team activates the nodes.

I have a small setup where if a team captures a node, an interpactor nearby will switch colors to the corresponding team that captured it.
                  That variable dangling off of the Node Event gets set to the power core of the team that the node event triggered for. If you wanted to do something like "every time you destroy a node, the node's former owner's core takes 1 damage", you could use that variable directly.

Instead, they're comparing it to the actual real red powercore (e.g., select red powercore, hit "new object variable from"). If it's that core, it's the red team; if it's not, it's the blue team -- that's what the Compare Objects item is really doing.

Comment

The ??? just compares itself with an object for that power core. Just select the core you want and right click in kismet, and do new object using bla bla

Check out my 2nd map if you wanna see how I used this.

Comment

Working...
                    X