Teleporting to a different map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teleporting to a different map

ok so my problem is this... i have set up some teleporters (and some kismet teleport actions) and i would like to know how you get this to teleport to another map... i found a tutorial on how to do it in unreal 2004 by using mapname.extension#teleportertag but that doesnt seem to work for this one... anyone have any ideas ? thanks

I think you need to use level streaming in UT3...basically opens a new map when you get to a certain area/whatever...Take a looksee over here - http://www.hourences.com/book/tutorialsue3streaming.htm

Comment

but that wont work for me as me levels take up the entire editor so i cant maneuver them to work around it... and they all clash and unreal crashes

Comment

That's whats used in GoW.

Comment

no but srsly... do you have anyidea anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by kotmfu View Post
            no but srsly... do you have anyidea anyone?
            If it's single player thing you can just move the game forward and have another player spawn in the new map, instead of teleporting it.

Comment

what do you mean?

Comment

If it's single player campaign or such, you dont need exactly to do a teleport to another map.
                Specially because you'll have a loading time and maybe loading screen in the transition... So you just spawn your player when you get to the other map...

Comment

yes thats all well and good but how do you set the end of the map?

Comment

You don,t unless you use the streaming like in GoW... to teleport you shall hide the other map and create a transition place as in Bioshock, if you wanna make an open map as Fallout 3, Far Cry 2 or mmorpgs, you then use streaming, exactly as Gear of War does. (lineage 2 is made with the Unreal Engine 2)

Comment

but i dont want to make an open map... i want to teleport from the first map to the second, second to first again first to third third to first third to fifth and then end

Comment

well, if these are different stages so you just make a spawner to each map, and use kismet to tell where the player shall start the level each time

Comment

yes but how do i get the player to change level... thats the ultimate question

Comment

Originally posted by kotmfu View Post
                            yes but how do i get the player to change level... thats the ultimate question
                            Take a look at the "Level" category in the Kismet actions list, if you don't find one that makes what you want, than only streaming or uscript will make it.

Comment

Create a new map that has all the maps you want to teleport to in it. Then they will all load together. This is really the crazy way of doing it, as the map will be massive.

Comment

Working...
                              X