Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meshs showing up in Editor Test but not ingame ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Moodydata View Post
    but only the parts for that section of the map will not work , i am thinking its some problem relating to the bits that i copyed from Cold Harbor as they are the only ones not showing.
    Just a guess, I am wondering if any of the problem meshes happen to be referencing the original map file instead of a .upk file. I don't know if this would cause problems as you were able to do this in the previous game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The meshes are epics and the detail level is the same ingame as on the tests , so they should work fine , they are statics from "Cold Harbor" in the UT3G file , all i did was copy and paste em from one level to the other just like some other parts of the level , but only the parts for that section of the map will not work , i am thinking its some problem relating to the bits that i copyed from Cold Harbor as they are the only ones not showing.

If anyone else has used stuff like this , can you help me out please?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Did you happen to set the detail level of the mesh to a higher level that you are playing your game at? If you set it to high and run a world detail of 1-3, it won't show up in game.

Is it a custom mesh? If so, are you adding it directly to your map file? While you can have it in a separate .upk file, it's best to keep them on in your map file (goes for all other custom content as well).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Its all done properly no hidden ingame icons ticked , the only thing i can think of is that it requires epics meshes in the same folder but that makes no sense.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cooked properly? No box checked in properties that says "Hidden in game?"

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Meshs showing up in Editor Test but not ingame ?

Meshs showing up in Editor Test but not ingame ?

I am having a problem when i go to test my level ingame , instead of in the editor as its almost done , so i wanted to run some ingame tests , but heres the problem....

Was wondering how do i sort this out , because i have placed the file in the correct folder in the games folder in my documents.
Working...
X