BSP Plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSP Plane

Anyone know if it's possible to have a BSP plane that doesn't cast a shadow?
    I want to use a BSP plane with a water material on it, however when I do it, it casts a shadow on everything below it defeats the purpose.
    I'd rather not use mesh planes as I'll need about 20 to cover the area I need (due to the shape) whereas I could do the same with one BSP plane in conjunction with subtracted volumes where I don't need the water to be.

...hopefully that makes sence....

Should be an option in the bsp properties that says something like don't cast shadows. Check in the lighting channels for it.

Comment

I've checked all the settings but nothing seems to affect it.

Comment

You checked the BSP properties but did you check every single LIGHT in the BSP channels properties as well?

Comment

Yup, tried on both the BSP and material properties unchecking everything light related.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_PorkSword View Post
            Yup, tried on both the BSP and material properties unchecking everything light related.
            I didn't mean the BSP or material properties.
            I meant the properties of each point light in addition to the above.

Comment

I currently have no point lights in the map.
              Only directional lights.
              I could cheat and slip point lights underneather the plane but then I'd require quite a few point lights which I'd rather avoid.
              that said though....I will play with some settings on the directional light to see if I can get it working.

Thanx for ya help!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_PorkSword View Post
                I currently have no point lights in the map.
                Only directional lights.
                I could cheat and slip point lights underneather the plane but then I'd require quite a few point lights which I'd rather avoid.
                that said though....I will play with some settings on the directional light to see if I can get it working.

Thanx for ya help!
                Same for directional lights. I only used "point lights" to make sure you understood that I meant the properties of the actual lights and not the lighting channels of the BSP or material properties.
                Sometimes it takes adjustments of the properties of both the light and the bsp to get the effects your looking for. BSP is far more finicky in this matter than meshes in my experience.

Comment

Working...
                X