Trigger lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger lights?

How do I make a light turn on when a powerup is availeble? I have a little house with an invisibility powerup and I want a light on the roof outside to turn on when hte invisibility is inide there.

Hey, I had a similar request just answered in this thread: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=694063

It should set you on your way to figuring it out.

Comment

I have something in mind like with the redeemer and the blue light beams in dm-sanctuary

Comment

I'm not familiar with the maps in ut3. I assume you just want to trigger on a light in your level?

You need to set something up in Kismet similar to what Rumple posted in the thread I linked. To turn your light on you'll need to use matinee, with a colour property track.

I hope thats enough to get you going.

Comment

You don't need matinee...a Toggle function would work fine unless you want the light to fade in and out, or change color...then you'd use Mat...But yea, check that thread...there's that command for "Weapon X Status - Available/Taken" Just rig that up to a toggle on your lights

Comment

My apologies, Distant Land is right. I've been doing a lot of similar stuff in my own project and it all uses matinee, I guess I was applying it to my own work and coming up with the wrong answer!

Comment

I'm new to kismet. Could you explane that s*** to me?

Comment

Originally posted by Himaren View Post
                I'm new to kismet. Could you explane that s*** to me?
                Kismet follows a really nice sort of logic...Once you learn a bit of it you can usually figure out a lot of other stuff you want to do. It's easy visual programming...In this case you just need to create a simple chained together sequence...Event then Action

So...open up Kismet, select the pickup you want to have in the loop, right click anywhere, and there should be a context sensitive "New event involving weaponpickup_0" and under that, Pickup Status Changed. Throw that down...then create a PointLightToggleable in your map(Under actor classes > Lights > Point Light), select it, set it down as "New Object using PointLightToggleable" which should place it as a pink marker. Then go to New Action, and create a Toggle from the list.

To rig them up you just need to left click and drag a little line from "Available" to "Turn on" and the same with Taken/Turn Off. Don't worry about instigator, Bool, Event, or Out, but you need to drag another line from Target to the PointLight marker...that's it...should work from that. If you want you can right click on one of the connection boxes and do "Set Active Delay" to throw a few seconds in there before it happens...if you wanted it to fade in or change color you'd need to use Matinee which takes a little more work, but isn't too tough either

Comment

Thanks! That worked. Can I do the same with an emitter (particla system) and a 'Hide-Unhide' Action?

Comment

Yes you can, an emitter would just a simple toggle connected to either a trigger or another event to set it off.

Comment

Working...
                    X