A simple "Press E" switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A simple "Press E" switch

I've been looking all over for a tutorial like this, but I can't darn find one.

Can anyone tell med how to make a switch like this... Say that you want it to activate a matinee event and chance material (from red to green).

Should be simple right?

You want to use a 'used' trigger, simply place your trigger and make a kismet event based of 'triggger_# Used'..... in that kismet action you'll have options like 'bAimToInteract' and 'InteractDistance' and even 'InteractIcon'.

should be what you're going for.

Comment

Nothing's every TOO simple.

In order to make a material animate you need to create an instance of that material and make sure that material has a 3 point vector controlling the hue of that material.

Once instanced you can animate that material in matinee. And for the life of me i can't remember exactly how :P But play with it, you'll find something you didn't know existed and be glad you did.

Comment

It's pretty easy, just takes a little bit of work. For a trigger just make a trigger or trigger volume, and with it selected in kismet add the event "Trigger_X is used" and hook it up to a Toggle function or an event or whatever.

For a material, you'll need to make a Vector Material Parameter track in Matinee hooked up to a Material Instance Actor (found under "Actor Classes" tab in the general browser) which is for controlling material instances...a special kind of alterable material) . Then you make keyframes for it like any matinee event, and use the graph-thingy to assign it values. Check out my map if you want an example of both a trigger like this, and this exact red-to-green material and lighting effect....you should be able to reverse engineer it, but feel free to PM me if you want more specific details

Comment

I just realized i completely misread your question, my bad :P

Comment

Working...
          X