removing/replacing the death scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing/replacing the death scene

When the player dies, you see the character flopping around like a ragdoll or blown to bits. Does anyone know how to change this, to say...switch to a matinee sequence or something intead of seeing the pawn die?

I've been fooling around with the Death and See Death events, but I'm not getting it so far.

thx

Hmmm. good question. As far as I know, when you trigger a matinee cinematic, it triggers it for Everyone, not just the target player. So creating a new cinematic might not be worth it, since everyone will be watching someone die everytime they fall to their doom......

Somebody please prove me wrong, since a cinematic that triggers for JUST the target player would be crucial for a map I've been working on......

Comment

I believe matine can just be shown to the controller.
      But you probably will need a mutator because I think the death cam messes with the player class.

Comment

Yeah, the death scene thing is something I can get around, and instead use a trigger volume to trigger a scene, then teleport the player either to death, or someplace else.

If someone knows how to actually get the cinematic to trigger for just the controller, PLEASE let me know, it's killing me. ....... no pun intended......

Comment

I dont follow...teleport to death?

Complete dunce question here...what exactlly is a mutator?

Comment

Originally posted by glow_trance View Post
            I dont follow...teleport to death?

Complete dunce question here...what exactlly is a mutator?
            A mutator is like a small mod that manipulates how the game is played, even to the extent of making a totally new mode of gameplay, depending on the ammount of coding is used.

Anyway, the direct problem is to find a way to make a cinematic that is triggerd by one player, and not broadcasted to every singel player in the game.

That way, one player falls to his doom, a certain cinematic is played, and either the player has a cool death scene, or the cinematic leads to someting else, or just replaces the death scene with a 'better' one.

Anyone know how to trigger a cinematic that only affects the player that triggered it?

Comment

Originally posted by Shinobibob View Post
              A mutator is like a small mod that manipulates how the game is played, even to the extent of making a totally new mode of gameplay, depending on the ammount of coding is used.

Anyway, the direct problem is to find a way to make a cinematic that is triggerd by one player, and not broadcasted to every singel player in the game.

That way, one player falls to his doom, a certain cinematic is played, and either the player has a cool death scene, or the cinematic leads to someting else, or just replaces the death scene with a 'better' one.

Anyone know how to trigger a cinematic that only affects the player that triggered it?

In my current case, it's a single player map

Comment

still open

Comment

Note: If I'm not wrong, the player death anims are set from the damage type classes, you can maybe find a way to, when a player dies, set him another death from the one set by the damage type.

Comment

Working...
                  X