Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kismet : Has inventory and giving health?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kismet : Has inventory and giving health?

Hi all, Ive been try to get a Kismet string together to give the player health when Juggernaut (in my case, berserk and U damage) is achieved, and stop when both power-ups have timed out. Any ideas?

Well, you could use bool comparations to know when the player has got both itens. Then you create a sequence for healing the player (theres on in DM-OcenaRelic, take a look there) and set it to stop after 30 sec, because it'll be the exact time both itens will be over.

Comment

Hmm, are you trying to make your own "invincible" powerup? If so, can't you just give the player "god" mode for the time you have both power ups. Granted, unless they are on top of each other and have the same respawn time, they won't always last for the same amount of time.

*Trying to think exactly how to do this*

Comment

Originally posted by Staward View Post
        Well, you could use bool comparations to know when the player has got both itens. Then you create a sequence for healing the player (theres on in DM-OcenaRelic, take a look there) and set it to stop after 30 sec, because it'll be the exact time both itens will be over.
        Got the health and time part figured out, having problems triggering the event when the second power-up is taken. I'll mess around with the bool comparison today, thanks for the idea.

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
        Hmm, are you trying to make your own "invincible" powerup? If so, can't you just give the player "god" mode for the time you have both power ups. Granted, unless they are on top of each other and have the same respawn time, they won't always last for the same amount of time.

*Trying to think exactly how to do this*
        No, not trying for invincible, I either would like an instant +50 or a slow health tick for 30 secs after the second power-up is taken (not sure right now what would be better, I need to play test both to decide).

Comment

Originally posted by Inzen View Post
          Got the health and time part figured out, having problems triggering the event when the second power-up is taken. I'll mess around with the bool comparison today, thanks for the idea.
          Use a status changed event for each pickup factory (so you'd have two), connect both instigator outputs to a single blank object variable. Connect both 'Taken' outputs to the input of the first 'Has Inventory' node, set this to check for one of the pickups, connect 'Target' to the previously placed object variable, connect the 'Has item' output to another 'Has Inventory' node, make this one check for the other pickup and also connect 'Target' to the same object variable, connect the 'Has item' output to your kismet for giving health.

Comment

Originally posted by Oddside View Post
            Use a status changed event for each pickup factory (so you'd have two), connect both instigator outputs to a single blank object variable. Connect both 'Taken' outputs to the input of the first 'Has Inventory' node, set this to check for one of the pickups, connect 'Target' to the previously placed object variable, connect the 'Has item' output to another 'Has Inventory' node, make this one check for the other pickup and also connect 'Target' to the same object variable, connect the 'Has item' output to your kismet for giving health.
            Thx for the input Oddside, I got it running. Ill add one thing for anyone trying this, the thing that was driving me crazy. Make sure you connect the "Doesn't have Item" output of the second "has item" to the input of the first "has item" node. If you don't, the health will trigger when only one item has been picked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Inzen View Post
              Thx for the input Oddside, I got it running. Ill add one thing for anyone trying this, the thing that was driving me crazy. Make sure you connect the "Doesn't have Item" output of the second "has item" to the input of the first "has item" node. If you don't, the health will trigger when only one item has been picked up.
              There are many variations that will work, I'm glad you got it working though.

I know that the way I did it worked for me, perhaps I should've posted an image of the sequence. Although, it did only work once due to the lack of a loop, something I neglected to mention before.

Comment

Working...
              X