SkeletalMesh Not Working With Matinee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SkeletalMesh Not Working With Matinee

I have a skeletalMeshActorMat within my scene which i have morph tagets on which can be controlled within the game. I just cant seem to get matinee to play any animations on this actor. I've posted a few threads concerning this but yet no reply. Someone please help!

Did you attach the animation set within the matinee?

Comment

Yeah i have the animations working upon a normal SkeletalMeshActor, and i set the SkeletalMeshActorMat up in the same way, it just wont work with a SkeletalMeshActorMat. Is there anything i have to do differently when setting this up?

Comment

You probably need an AnimTree with some slots (AnimNodeSlot I think) in it to play the animations on. SkeletalMeshActorMATs are meant to be used with an Animtree and slots in order to do animation blending within Matinee.

Comment

I have the animation working within a AnimTree, but how do i get this to work along with matinee? Im totally at a loss.

Comment

Can you post your AnimTree? And perhaps explain what steps you are taking to set the whole thing up?

And maybe read through this post:

http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showpo...9&postcount=11

Comment

Cant post attachments for some reson.

But i have a animation set, attached to the SkeletalMeshActorMat within the scene, a morpheset with two morph targets, and an AnimTree with MorphNodePose and Base for each morph target, also with an AnimNodeSequence running. When i leave the AnimNodeSequence looping the animation seems to play within the a simple scene iv made but it wont run through matinee, iv follwed that post from 3DBuzz but still nothing.

Comment

A simple screenshot of the Animtree is all I meant. It would help to know what's going on in there exactly. If there are no slots in there, then I don't think it will play any animations on a SkeletalMeshActorMAT.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, i'v finally cracked it. I've got it so you can now control my charcters size and shape which also effects his speed. thanks again guys really appreciate it.

Comment

These forums sure are helpful :P. Anyone know of a good tutorial for importing animations?

Oh and congrats on figuring out how to mod player speed. Spent a long time trying to pull that off

Comment

The mesh i have in my scene at the moment isnt a playable character, its ment as a showcase piece to show real-time character deformation so in essence the player controls the size and shape of the mesh in real time but thats about it. Im trying to get my head round getting my own playable character into the editor and then applying the same morth targets to the playable character using the system i'v set up, not sure if i have time to get my head round that tho.

Comment

Working...
                      X