Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by SavageDogg View Post
    Sure, I can send it your way. I can send both tga and gimp file so you can see it is fine in gimp. Do you have XFire? If so, send me an email with your name and I'll add ya and send it your way sometime when we are both online. I can't send emails right now or I would but my pop3 server ain't setup and all that jive.
    Umm, no Xfire. I do have messenger (though I am rarely on it). Can you upload them to a spot on the web I can download them from?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sure, I can send it your way. I can send both tga and gimp file so you can see it is fine in gimp. Do you have XFire? If so, send me an email with your name and I'll add ya and send it your way sometime when we are both online. I can't send emails right now or I would but my pop3 server ain't setup and all that jive.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yea but the thing is it imports as a texture with all that light blue **** already before I add it in the material editor. I must be doing something wrong as I import the texture... I think.
    Ahh, then I would presume something is not right before you import it. I don't know what I can do, but if you can send me the .ucx?, is that the correct prefix for your GIMP file, I can take a stab at it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yea but the thing is it imports as a texture with all that light blue **** already before I add it in the material editor. I must be doing something wrong as I import the texture... I think.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    An idea, what do you think?
    Maybe, but what do I know. I remember creating a layer in GIMP that was set to be the alpha channel and set it to be transparent. I then had additional layers that had text, but also with a transparent back ground.

When I imported and hooked it up, it worked fine. Ohh, you do have change the type of material to either "additive" or something similar. I am going off memory right now, but you have to select the "PreViewMaterial Node" in the material editor and change the Blend Mode to Blend_Translucent or Blend_Additive. You might also have to change the Lighting Model to MLM_Unlit.

I have too much info just rattling around my brain!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yea, it has an alpha channel and the targa I exported is 32bit so the alpha is still there but when I import it into the editor it goes all pastel blue... But you gave me an idea about the opacity channel. Now I am begining to think it can't be imported but maybe I could alter the image and make a texture to use in the opacity mask... An idea, what do you think?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am a GIMP noob myself, but I will take a shot. I presume you have an alpha layer in your GIMP file and it's set up to be completely transparent? If so, you should connect the white connector (for your Alpha channel) into the Opacity connector. Granted, I am rusty and not that knowledgeable. You can check out this thread that I created to learn how to make an alpha channel work (using GIMP).

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Issue with Alpha channel on textures...

Issue with Alpha channel on textures...

I have a 32 bit .tga I imported and this is what I get:

What is suppose to be transparent shows as a badly pixelated pastel blue. The image should look like this with the black between the fence being the transparent area:

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Working...
X